An unsaid explanation

Ethan's POV

We wait in our car for Woo Woo to finish working her magic. We know better than to leave a mess. Cam lost her shit last time. I swear she almost cut off Grayson's ear when the cops found that fucking dangly earring at the scene. Thankfully they swept it under the carpet. They know that if they put him away that would be the end of their free services at The Dolettes. And like I said it's the best and only place in town.

"I can't believe that bitch shot you!" Sarah says on the ride back.

"Calm down, Dol. It's just a graze." I rub the mark with my hand and shoot Grayson a look. He looks back at me with a smirk and a shake of the head which I am lucky Sarah and Yaty do not see.

"Well. I don't like her. And I don't appreciate the way she was flirting with you!" she huffs, folding her arms across her chest.

I object, trying my hardest to deflate any chatter. 'Flirting? Dol, she shot me! You said so yourself!"

"Yeah, well at least he didn't flirt back," Yaty interrupts, pointing at Gray. "Unlike this cad."

'What did I do?" Grayson protests.

Both ladies groan but don't answer.

"Listen, Dol's. We weren't flirting. We just don't think that this line of work is suitable for women," I explain not really believing the words myself. If there is anyone built for this it's The Broads. I'd never admit this to them but they're smart women, and they can keep up with the best of them. And by the best of them, I mean us.

"Typical," Yaty blurts. "Newsflash, It's 1921. We're capable of more than just doing the fucking dishes, Ethan!"

"You tell him, Dol," Gray adds in support. He sends me a knowing wink, hoping that this has sufficiently deterred the dames from further talk of Lucy and Zee.

"I'm gonna find Nolan and get him to process Woo Woo's payment. You know how she likes to be paid on time. I'll get him to throw in a little extra for patching you up," Gray remarks as we pull up back at the club.

Stepping out into the cool air, I pull Sarah to the side of the club. "If you ever disrespect me like that again..." I say pointing my finger at her. My tone flat.

I'd never hurt her. Well not intentionally. I need her around. She keeps Cam off my back about finding a nice girl to settle down with, at least for now.

Unbothered by my half-hearted threat, she replies, "or you'll what?" Before cheekily placing my finger inside her mouth and sucking on it.

"Or I'll take you right here, for everyone to see," I caution, pulling my finger out of her mouth with a 'pop'.

She runs her hands up my chest and over my shoulders pushing my jacket off, where it slumps to the ground behind me. She grabs hold of my tie, undoing the knot with her hand and using it to pull my face closer to hers. "Prove it," she whispers.

"Turn around," I growl, my pants getting tighter by the second.

She raises her brow and does as instructed.

I pull off my tie, throwing it on top of my jacket and hastily reach into my pocket, fumbling around until my fingers feel that familiar metallic packet. "Bend over and lift up your skirt."

She complies, "yes, Mr Ethan."

I roll the condom on and place my hands on her hips. "Try not to scream, Dol." I mutter as I take her hard from behind.

My breath quickens along with my pace.

I continue at this rate, not caring if this is as good for her as it is for me. Although I am sure that it is as each thrust brings with it a moan from her lips and the occasional hushed plea to, "keep going."