We're not going

Grayson's POV

I replay her words over and over, "them too."

I knew Cam was ruthless but this? I always thought that we were off limits. We're family after all. But I guess I was wrong. We both were.

Ethan grits his teeth making his jaw bone jut out. He's driving erratically but I don't dare say anything. Partly because it's his car and he can do what he wants but also because it's exactly what I would do if I was the one driving.

"FUCK-" he yells slamming his hands onto the steering wheel as we stop at the only set of lights on the main street.

I grunt but that's about all I do to reply. I know him, he needs time to vent. Nothing I can say will make it any better. The same as if he were to try and calm me down.

I look down the street towards Spanky's. "You think they're still there?" I ask solemnly.

"How the fuck am I meant to kn—"

"—E, don't start with me. I'm just as angry as you are right now," I remind him.

"Sorry Bro. I... shit. I don't know. How did it get to this?" He asks, his eyes firmly fixed on the road ahead.

I'd been asking myself the same question, when in fact I could trace it back to when things started to change.

It was a few months back. Just another Sunday. Ethan and I were seated at our usual spot at Spanky's bottom bar. Ethan was arguing with Zee about her latest batch. Zee had said it was her strongest batch yet and E, being E, bet her that he could handle it. Zee, keen to prove her point, poured him a shot.

He demanded a double.

She didn't argue.

Not even ten minutes later he was out cold. Head resting on the wooden bar. I wasn't in the mood to go home and deal with Cam and her incessant chatter about our old friend Jack so I called Jason and packed Ethan off home.

I must have stayed at the bar for hours. Enjoying the quiet. Drinking and watching Zee. I watched her walk back and forth swaying her hips, teasing the patrons. Squeezing them for everything they were worth. "Another, Love?" She'd ask when they were too drunk to argue. They would basically throw their money at her.

I'd never really noticed how beautiful she was, until this day. Her blonde curly hair, creamy pink skin and ruby red lips, offset by these bright blue grey eyes. She was something you see in the movies. That was, if you could get past her mouth. She had an opinion on everything.

"Napping it off is he?" She commented after a few hours, finally noticing I was alone.

"You know how he is with a challenge, Zee. You baited him," I answer taking another sip of her house made liquor.

She laughed carelessly, "only way to get him to shut up."

I slammed my glass down on the bar harshly. "Fuck! I don't even know why we come here," I spit. An inbuilt system forcing me to defend my brother's honour.

"Cos' I've got the best hooch in town," she teased leaning across the bar so I could see clearly down her dress.

She was right. That and it was the highlight of mine and Ethan's day. The only time we weren't being nagged by Cam or Yaty and Sarah.

"Fuck me," I muttered under my breath in frustration. Or I thought I did.

She licked her lips, and refilled my drink. "Sure," she answered as if it was a proposition. I looked up at her unable to hide my surprise. She gave me a cheeky grin, "meet me in the store room in ten..."