The Cover Up

Ethan's POV:

I watch as Zee follows Grayson up the stairs and out of view.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as Lucy walks over to Sarah to remove Zee's blade without so much as a second thought.

"My head is pounding and these bitches ruined the floor. Grace will be here any minute and I am not sure how we are going to explain these two floor ruining bitches being missing," she answers washing the blade clean and placing is back under the bench in its rightful place.

I reach out and try to pull her towards me. She resists at first but gives in fairly quickly when I raise my brow and let her know that a hug is not optional.  She rests her head on my chest and when she looks up at me with her big brown eyes I know I've made the right decision. And, if it wasn't for the fact she was lying dead on the floor directly in my line of sight, I would have forgotten all about Sarah. "We've got this Baby Dol. I'll call Woo Woo and have this place cleaned up," I reassure her moving her bloodied matted hair from her face.

She looks at me cynically but doesn't argue.

Within what feels like minutes Woo Woo has arrived and works her magic. The woman really is a dream. Not only does she work quickly but we know our secrets are more than safe with her. If you haven't got a Woo Woo in your life, get one.

With the place clean, save for the smell of bleach and blood which linger thick in the air, Grayson and Zee return in better spirits than when they left. We decide to work on our next move.

"How are we going to explain these two?" Grayson asks pointing to the girls faces. He touches Zee's swollen cheek gently causing her to grimace ever so slightly. Grayson as if feeling her pain also winces.

"I'll just tell them the truth," Zee says bluntly, a bowl of lemons in her hand.

"What?" I ask, unsure if I have heard her correctly.

"I'm joking," she laughs, placing her hands up in front of herself to emphasize her point. "Relax Mr Serious. Geez someone is wound tight," she adds with an exaggerated eye roll. Well at least what I can tell from the one eye not swollen shut.

I clench my jaw at her but say nothing. Her face is a mess but she's laughing. I guess her toughness isn't just an act.

"The closer to the truth, the easier the lie," Lucy offers. "What if we say we were attacked while packing up last night?"

"That could work," Zee replies placing the lemons on the bench and grabbing her freshly cleaned knife out. "It explains the mess, our wounds and Woo Woo's invoice."

"Settled. Now, you two need to get out of here before Grace arrives," Lucy says, holding an icepack to her head.

I don't want to go. I never want to leave her side again. Especially not when she's injured, but I know she's right. If I stay it will be next to impossible to cover up Sarah and Yaty's deaths, and our involvement. So I reluctantly agree and move towards the tunnel.

We all stop, and exchange glances as the sounds of movement echo from the level above. "GO!" She hisses. "Out the passage. NOW!"

Lucy's POV:

I push them through the door and slide the painting back in place just as Grace comes strolling down the stairs, blissfully unaware of the events that took place here a short while ago.

"What the heck happened to you two?" she exclaims seeing our bruised and battered faces.

"Walked into a door," Zee says dryly.

"Must have been some door," Grace answers, looking around the bar. "What happened in here. It smells like bleach... and blood."

"We won." Zee smiles. "The door didn't."