The Girl Who Saw Raph Cry

Third Person View

Raphael was stumped with this threatening conversation. The nightmare about Mona's betrayal was bad enough. But hearing his ex's voice and the threat by his girlfriend's ex just made Raph mad. Maybe the tone in Flash's voice gave him the creeps. But all of this made Raph really want to let out some steam. He went to his room, and isolated himself from everyone, letting out his anger on a punching bag. He thought about how Mona betrayed him, fueling his anger even more. He punched the bag harder. He wanted to get over Mona, but the pain still hurt him. 

Later on in the day, Sunset went to the lair to visit her boyfriend. Leo was watching Space Heroes while texting Twilight on the occasional commercial break. "Hey Leo, where's Raph?" she asked. "He's in his room," replied Leo, "I got a feeling he's having one of his bad days." He was concerned for his brother.

"Oh boy," said Sunset. She knew that Raph hid his vulnerable side in his anger. Sunset was one of the few to ever see him at his most vulnerable. She was probably the only girl who'd seen him cry. She walked up to Raph's room, and gently knocked on the door. No answer. She decided to go in anyway. She saw him still hitting the punching bag, panting heavily, and sweating. She shut the door behind her. "Hey big guy," she said, trying to make small talk with him. Raph looked at her. Flash's threat to stay away from her still rung in his head. But he still knew he could show his vulnerable side to her. "You okay?" she asked. Raph wiped the sweat from his forehead. "No..." he said, still panting. She sat on his bed and said, "You want to tell me? If not, I understand..." Raph sighed and sat next to her. He laid his head on her shoulder. "I had a nightmare..." admitted Raph, "I know it's silly, but it was about when Mona double crossed me..."

Sunset nodded, understanding. "After that nightmare, I could barely sleep," continued Raph, "then a few hours ago... she and your ex called." Sunset's eyes widened, and she asked, "Flash? What did he say?"

"He told me to stay away from you, or else..." admitted Raph. He looked down. Sunset rolled her eyes, thinking this was so typical of Flash. But she did find it creepy that Mona and Flash were suddenly teaming up together. And she was going to get the bottom of this. But right now, cheering Raph up was her main priority. "Is that what's gotten you so worked up?" she asked calmly. Raph nodded sadly. "I want this pain to go away..." he admitted, choking up, "why can't it stop?" 

"I don't know," said Sunset, "but I want you to know, I love you, and we'll get through this as we always do. And we won't let Flash or Mona win." She then gently hugged him. Raph hugged back, burying his head in her shoulder, crying. She gently stroked his shell, soothing him. "It's okay Raph..." she softly said, "it's okay..." She held him like this for a few minutes, often kissing his forehead. After a few minutes, Raph calmed down. He looked into her cyan eyes. "Did I ever tell you that you're my hero Sunset Shimmer?" he said.  Sunset looked into his emerald eyes. She smiled and said, "And you are mine Raphael."