What Am I Doing?

Big Mac's P. O. V.

I decided to confront Slash once and for all myself. Findin' him was the real challenge. But soon I found him hangin' out with my dear Fluttershy at the park. Showtime. As I walked there, I took a look at Fluttershy's new beau. Good golly, he's bigger than me! Rasslin' him would be one-sided! Do I really wanna get myself injured just to win the affections of my old flame? He's bigger and stronger than me! Is this really worth the aggravation I could potentially suffer by pickin' a fight with a guy twice my size? I look at this couple in front of me, and realize something else. Fluttershy's actually happy with this Slash feller. She actually sees a gentle giant in him. She's a lot more happier with him than she was with... me... What am I doing? Why would I want to do something as foolish as take away the one feller that makes Fluttershy happy? What would I accomplish? She'd be miserable because of me... Besides, Fluttershy's my sister's best friend. If I made Fluttershy unhappy, I'd be hurtin' my sister, and she'd probably hate me. Do I really want to make my strained relationship with AJ even worse? I'm actin' no better than Grand Pear when he tried to prevent Ma from seein' Pa. Not that the forbidden romance stopped Ma and Pa from seein' each other. Nah, Fluttershy deserves to be with a man who loves her and makes her happy. And I am not the man that can make her happy. If ya really do love her, ya gotta let her go...

Much later, at the apartment April and the exes reside in...

"You're WHAT?!?!?!!?" April screamed at me, enraged. "Y'all heard me, I'm backin' off from this foolish nonsense," I said, "I've seen the errors of my ways, and I'm backin' off from tryin' to sabotage Fluttershy and Slash's relationship." April just flipped out. "Are you crazy you big galoot?!?!?!?!" she asked angrily while I was packin' my bags. "Nope, I'm just realizin' that what I'm doin' is morally wrong April," I said, "if I did what I was plannin' on doin', and my folks had lived to see what I tried to do, they'd be mighty disappointed at me. They didn't raise no fool that would sabotage love. You was right to scold me for thinkin' of myself April." I saw that everything was packed. "I was right? I mean... Where are you gonna go Big Mac?" asked April. I put my old cowboy hat back on and said, "I'm goin' back to my Granny Smith's old farm. She could use the help. If y'all reconsider this plan of yers, and ya change yer minds, or need a place to crash, y'all can visit me at the farm if ya want. But, I wish y'all the best of luck." I tipped my hat and carried my bags, leavin' the apartment that I hung out with the people I called my friends. Soarin then came out and said, "McIntosh, are you really serious about chickening out of this?" I smirked, and said my favorite line, "Eeyup." I then walked on over to the train where they would take me home. Sure, I'm losin' some of my friends to find myself. But if it means I can become a better person, then what the hey. Besides, I'll always have my family.