Chapter 2

••••
I loved Maya, I loved her so much, but she didn't know it yet.
I heard a distant voice in my head shouting...

••••

"YOU SAW HER NAKED!" Riley yells at the top of her lungs.

I immediately shush her, "Sh! Peaches! Not so fucking loud, Jesus Christ."

Her shoulders slump, and I see her calm down. That didn't stop her however.

"Pervert." She mumbles under her breath. I stay silent. She looks down at her hundred dollar Tory Burch shoes. Mom would always take us to the mall, take us into all the name branded stores like Tory Burch, when I was fine with stores like Old Navy, or even Hollister. Riley was fine with it too. However, Riley still didn't mind the expensive stuff, but I did. I always thought it made me stick out from the rest.

"You like Maya, don't you?" Her response shocks me, causing me to look from my lap to her chocolate brown eyes. She had a sweet smile on her face, contrasting to her expression before.

My face becomes hot, and I feel my cheeks getting red. Her smile widens, and she tickles me from under the table. I restrain as much as I can, slapping her hand away. I slapped too hard and she groans in pain, and right on time, George shows up.

"Riles, are you ok? Hey man be careful, you don't want to leave any bruises. Ballet practice is already enough." Sitting next to her, he picks up her hand, and looks at it with concern.

Riley smirks at me, knowing she had someone at her defense.

I roll my eyes, annoyed.

"I really like Maya." I continue the conversation. "She's been acting weird lately. Everytime someone tries to mess with me or push me around, she gets angry, and tries to start a fight with them." Riley, and George look really concerned, but they were sitting rather close to each other. I look down and I see George was lightly holding Riley's hand. That sly motherfucker. He looks down at Riley's legs.

"Hey what's this?" He asks her, touching a part of her leg.

"Ballet practice again. You know me, always falling. Clumsy, clumsy, me." She chuckles nervously.

I then take out my book, and pretend to read it. I didn't know someone was sitting next to me, until I felt a punch on my arm. The sense of toughness could only come from somewhere.

"Hey, Maya." I say looking in her direction just to be greeted by her soft blue eyes.

I was so mesmerized that I barely heard her say, "Sup, Minkus." Though it was casual it had a sense of sweetness in it that is not usually there. She then put her head on the table.

"How much longer?" She asked me stressed.

"We still have half of the school day more."

She frowns putting her head on my shoulder. I look down to where her crop top cut off. I looked at her belly for a bit, and then I poked her belly button making her squeal. I laughed at her response. She smacked my arm playfully.

All of a sudden, a pudding cup was at our table. Although it didn't seem obvious, I knew it was directed at me. I see Sophia and her friends laughing at the table next to us.

Maya looked down at the pudding cup for a bit, and then suddenly jolted, "I'm gonna get 'em" she growls as she jumps out of her seat, and pounces towards their table.

"Maya! No!" Riley yells as she grabs Sophia and begins to yell in her face. Before we knew it, they were at eachothers throats. I ran as fast as I could to pull Maya off. It didn't work.