Chapter 14

Chapter 14
It was 9 p.m., and everyone was conversating in the living room. I had just finished putting Vikki and Vinnie to bed, finally. I descended down the stairs, pushing my brown hanging locks out of my eye.

Auntie V sat on the couch with a champagne glass in her hand, with a smug smile on her face. The other adults seemed to be joking around in their own manner. Meanwhile, Rachel seemed quite busy on her phone. However, Charlisa didn't seem like she was doing anything besides merely twiddling her thumbs. She looks up at me, and nods her head. I do the same to her.

As soon as I get to the living room, Aunt V starts conversation. "So, how's school going Farkle?"

"It's going good. Same usual grades. Same usual friends. All that stuff."

"Are you still with Maya?"

"Yeah." I pause. Riley's footsteps all of a sudden came hurtling down the stairs. "Why wouldn't I b-"

"Surprise!" Riley yells as she suddenly latches onto my hip, forcing me to fall. Charlisa and her erupt in giggles. I sneer at Riley, and she covers her mouth to stop laughing. Suddenly, everyone goes to the kitchen, to have the cake that Mom bought. Everyone except for Charlisa, Riley, and I. Riley still sat on the floor.

"Get up." I demand. "Get. Up." She slowly rises. "What the hell is wrong with you? Huh?"

"I was just, I-I do that stuff all the time, I thought it was okay."

"Well can't you see it wasn't?"

"She didn't hurt anyone Farkle."

"That doesn't matter. She was a total embarrassment. Go upstairs to my room Riles, I'll meet you there." Riley slowly backs up the stairs, and then turns slowly to finish them.

"What for?" Charlisa asks.

"Her and I need to have a little talk." I tell her as I continue to stare up the stairs. I then ascend them as well. "I'll be back down." I say to a worried Charlisa.

Once I get upstairs, I burst through my door. I see Riley sitting on my bed kicking her legs around innocently.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I ask her, as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Listen, Farkle, I didn't realize. I didn't mean to hurt you, or embarrass you in any way. Please just listen to me. Let's settle this with a reasonable conv-", but I had already smacked her cheek. The feeling let something out of me. That something might have been stress or anger, I didn't know. "Farkle, please." Riley whispers desperately to me.

"You need to grow the hell up Riles. How long are you going to keep living like this?"

"Living like what?"

"Like an innocent little bitch who can't do anything right!" I yell at her. "Stop pretending you don't know what I'm talking about!" I shove her chest, pushing her. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Farkle, please don't do this!" She cried. "You're better than this!"

"Stop doing what huh? Giving you what you deserve?"

"You're better than this." She whispers one last time. I stare at her for a second, my mouth gaping. Then I abruptly push her off the bed. She falls onto the floor, grabbing her arm, and hissing in pain. I could tell she was trying not to scream. "Farkle, please," she begs one last time, and I punch her in the stomach. This time she does scream. I squish her face muffling her.

"Quiet, damnit!" I then let go of her. "Now get the hell out of my room." I demand, and she listens,coughing intensely as she does so. She opens the door, and leaves. I stand there for a while, letting the rush in my head leave. Five minutes later, Charlisa stands at the door, staring at me. "Hey," I greet catching my breath.