Chapter 7

Chapter 7
••••
I was so full of myself at one point, I forgot the consequences it would lead to. At this point it seemed as if everything was after me, and my life was crumbling apart right in front of me.
••••
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
The clock noises as I sat in the dining room in silence. It was dark and dusty, for it was only used for special occasions, which haven't happened for a while. I see my moms hand glide across the table as she sits down.

"Farkle," she speaks. "You know what I'm going to talk to you about, don't you?"

I nod even though I didn't know what she meant.

"Your sister, Riley, she told me something quite disturbing. And, she showed me..." Images flash in my head of a screaming Riley, but it didn't go further than that. It was still all blurry and dark.

"Listen," I snap back into reality as she speaks again, "I know you two have a little bit of a rough relationship, with both of you being bullied, and both of you acquiring self defense, but you have to remember, Farkle. Remember that she's just your sister." She pauses as she grabs my arms. "She doesn't mean to hurt you." She smiles at me sweetly, giving me nostalgia of my childhood.

I nod again, "I'm sorry, mama. I-I don't know what got into me." I whisper, knowing it would make her feel better.

She caresses my head as she whispers, "It's ok, it's ok," in my ear. I bury my head in her chest closing my eyes.
••••
Maya slurped from her milkshake, making her eyes big, trying to make me laugh.

"Oh Maya," I giggle at her, "What am I going to do with you?" She giggles and kicks at me from under the table. I kick back. We play for a while, until she notices something.

"Oh my... Sophia." She mumbles.

I glance behind me, and I see Sophia with her friends. I quickly look away pertending not to notice.

"And she's got her whole bitch squad too." Maya grumbles. She grimaces at her. I see Sophia wave from the corner of my eye. I see her start to walk over.

"God damn it Mai, why the hell did you have to stare at her?" I growl under my breath while she's still out of earshot.

She doesn't notice though, and continues to stare.

Sophia smiles at us, innocently but evilly.
"Oh hi, Maya! I wasn't expecting to see you here. You know since it's unaffordable for you. Oh is this your boyfriend?" Maya and I stay silent.

"I'm surprised," she continues, "you really lowered your standards. Don't worry Minkus, she's just dating you for your money." I feel her eyes melt in to my skin as she stared. It kept getting hotter, and hotter, until I snapped.

"What's your problem? Sophia?" I yell, bursting out of my chair, getting inches away from her face. I didn't care at this point. I was angry.

I see Maya in the corner of my eye, staring, watching us both. I knew what she was really thinking though.

"Nothing," she obnoxiously mocks, "Faggot Minkus." She whispers. I punch her in the face, and she falls towards the table. She looked so shocked, and I growled at her.

Maya pulls her by the ear, "That's what you get."

A voice comes from behind me, "And this is what he gets." I felt the figure pick me up from under my armpits.

Maya gasps, "Farkle!" She lets Sophia go as she stares at me in shock. I keep my head down trying not to react, otherwise it could get me in huge trouble.

"What'cha gonna do about it, Minkus? Huh?" I recognized the voice from the locker room. It was that same blonde.

Sophia's face was smushed against the table, but she still laughed evilly like always.

"Put me down," I whispered. "I'm sorry for what I said, please put me down."

"Hell no!" He laughs. "You probably thought you were so strong back there, didn't ya? Well what are you now?" I made a stupid mistake. This is the reason why I'm never cocky.

Sophia laughs harder, "Faggot." She snickers.

Suddenly, someone swipes their leg, kicking Ashton in the ankles, causing him to trip. After the rescue, I immediately stand.

It was Riley, she saved me. She was out with George, I assume, since he stood right beside her. I open my mouth to thank her, but she interrupts.

"Don't thank me Minkus," she spits, "This is all just part of the deal, remember?" Her face remains straight and emotionless.

A while ago, Riley and I made a deal. Since both of us were so small, if there was a situation where one of us couldn't take on a opponent alone, the other would come in and help.

I stared at her in shock. I didn't know what was coming until I hear her yell.

"Minkus!"

I jolt out of my thoughts, and I see a fist coming towards me. I jump out of the way in time. I find it hard to balance, and George had to grab me by the shoulders. Maya grabbed the dude from behind, and punched him in the gut. He fell on the floor, rolling in pain and agony.

Sophia tries to swing at Maya, but I grabbed her fist just in time. She looked at me shocked, giving me time to punch her in the face again. She collapsed onto the table, screaming. I gave her no mercy as I kicked her in the gut causing her to fall on the floor, crouching in pain. I couldn't take another chance with her hurting me. I couldn't.

We all scurried out of the restaurant before the owners caught us, and ran into the subway station.

Once we got there, Maya turns to me, "Did you pay Minkus?" She asks sweetly.

I continued to stare ahead, "Yeah, I left money on the table."

I heard her voice echo in the back of my head, "Minkus are you ok?" Her voice echoed further and further in my mind. I stared at the subway train passing, creating a rucas as it slides along the tracts. I watch it go, as it slowly speeds up as it progresses. The bell went away with it becoming more and more distant. I felt a hand on my shoulder, Riley. Riley also stared ahead, while she leaned on me. We were both in our little spasm. I felt Maya put an arm around me, as she looks up unto my eyes.

I kiss her cheek. We continue forward.
••••