Chapter 25

Chapter 25
It was just hell from there, wasn't it?
••••
She walked in, greeting me with a smile, as if she had just gone out with her friends for an hour, and had come home right after.

"Where the hell were you?"

"I drove to Vermont." She told me casually as if it were normal.

"You see that's the fucking problem."

"Profanity." Riley says in her sweet happy tone as she hangs her sweater on the staircase.

"Screw Profanity!" I bark at her, tipping over the small glass bird that sat on the table behind the couch. She turns to me, and looks at the broken bird with wide eyes. "You should have heard the things they were saying about you." I begin to walk over to her. "Auntie V thought you were a Schizophreniac. Dad said he would have to take you to the psychiatrist."

"But that makes no sense, how am I a Schizophreniac, she doesn't have any evidence!"

"Why can't you just be normal, Riley? For once?" I lick my lips, and exhale. "Now go put your stuff away. Mom and Dad are in the city for the day. They'll be back tonight. There's work for you and me to do."  I could swear she let out a breath of relief.

I pinched my nose as I exhaled. I felt the tension release once her footsteps had disappeared into her room.
••••
"Now after you empty out the dishwasher, put the dishes in the sink inside of it." Riley nods as she empties the dishwasher at an extremely slow pace. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Could you go any slower?"

She sighs as she begins to go at a more aggressive and fast pace. But going fast wasn't really her thing. She gasps as a glass she was trying put in its spot in the cupboard slips out of her hand, and shatters on the ground. She freezes in her place as she stares in pure shock.

I slowly shut the dishwasher as her and I stare at the glass mess. "Riles." I tell her lowly, and she looks up at me. I wave my finger, gesturing for her to step closer, and she did. She stopped right in front of the pile.

I grabbed her by the hand, and pulled her forward. Her eyes widened, and she let out a piercing scream as her thighs hit the class. She couldn't even say anything, since her mouth was full of deathly screaming and groaning. Her black pants were starting to soak with blood.

"You're such an embarrassment." I growl as I walk out of the kitchen. I slowly walked myself out of the house.

Riley's POV
Your such an embarrassment, my voices repeat. My first instinct was to grab my phone. It felt bad, but I wasn't sure if it was bad enough to call 911. Plus, I don't feel like talking to strangers right now. Since my parents were in the city, I decided to call George first, because I knew he was home, and would get here faster.

"Hey, sweetie." His voice speaks from the other line. "What happened?" He asked after I responded by crying.

"There's an emergency." My voice shakes.

"What?"

"Farkle, he-he-"

"I'll be right over." He hangs up leaving me in silence. I tried my best to clean my legs with paper towels, but it just made the mess worse. I wish that Farkle could walk in here and realize what he's done. But the world hates me, so that won't be happening any time soon. I reached up, and grabbed the paper towel roll that was close to me, and began to use it to dry my legs.

15 minutes later George bursts through the kitchen door. Fear immediately emitted in his eyes. He watched as I peeled away the blood soaked paper towel from my pants. His lip quivered, as he expressed a horrified look on his face.