Chapter 5

Chapter 5
She was so shy and innocent, it got kind of annoying. Who am I kidding. It literally drove me insane. But... I kind of... miss it...

••••
She  sings to herself, spinning her straw around in her thick chocolate milkshake, her bangs creating a curtain over her right eye. She smiles gladly, as if she couldn't be in any place that made her as happy as she was now.

Riley and I sat alone as we waited for George, and Maya. Her head nods to the song in her head, as she enjoys herself.

"Enjoying your drink hun?" The waitress asks kindly.

She looks at her, "Yes, very much. Give my compliments to the chef. Thank you."
The waiter next to her laughs hysterically as he responds, "Okay. We will." But the waitress from before gives her a weird look. I smile awkwardly, and then let it drop as they turn around, and walk away.

I kick her under the table, "Riley," I growl embarrassed.

"Ow." She frowns.

I roll my eyes as I look up to the clock on the wall.

"Should be here any minute."

As if on cue, Maya and George walk in at the same time. I scooch over to let Maya sit next to me, but she sits on my lap anyways, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I brush my nose into her hair, "Hey." I whisper in her ear.

She looks up at me, "Hi."

I kiss her cheek softly.

George does the same, and Riley giggles.

"This milkshake is too big." She tells him, and then spins the straw in his direction. He sips from it gleefully, and Riley smiles.

Maya shifts on my lap, facing forward. I wrap my arms tightly around her, and cuddle into her neck. She looks back, and smiles at me.

The waitress finally comes to take our order.

"What can I get you all today?"

Everyone orders. Maya orders a salad, George orders a sandwich, I order a pasta, and Riley...

"I'll take the chicken tenders and fries." I roll my eyes, and she sticks her tongue out at me.

She continues, "Oh, and does it come with honey mustard?"

The waitress nods, and Riley smiles.

"Thankyou." She states. No compliments to the chef, thankgod.

The waitress leaves, and Riley turns forward again. George moves her bangs from her right eye, revealing a small bruise under her eyebrow.

"What happened?" He asks concerned.

"Oh you see," she starts, "I was in ballet, and all the girls were supposed to do fouettes, and so I was turning and turning, and then I bump into another girl by accident, and so I fell right onto the floor, on my face, plop."

"Oh, sweetheart," he coos.

"It's no biggy." She pipes, sipping her milkshake again.

It took me a while to realize Maya was staring at me. Once I did notice, however, I looked at her, and she booped my nose.

"You're adorable," I tell her, and she snuggles into my chest.

Our food comes, and everyone eats, except Riley. Riley picks at her food, frowning at it.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask her annoyed.

She shrugs.

"Come on peaches," George speaks up, "eat." He looks at her concerned. She doesn't move. "Want me to feed you?" He whispers. She doesn't respond. He takes her piece of chicken dipping it in the mustard, and places it to her lips. After looking at it for a while, she bites it. "There you go." He coos at her once more, and he continues to feed her.