Chapter 10

••••
Ashton was out to get me. He wanted Maya, and he hated that I was with her. He wanted her all to himself, because in his mind, she was his first.
••••
Author's POV
He stared at them from across the hall with his jealous green eyes. He raged in fury as he watched them.

Farkle walked to her locker. She smiles. He pulls out his hands from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of flowers. She gasps, and immediately embraces him in a hug.

The malicious villain growls as he watches them with envy. He was going to get his revenge one way or another.
••••
Maya put the flowers in her locker, making a note in her head to take them home later. Riley leaned on the locker next to hers.

"How's it going?" Maya asks simply. Riley just nods in response. Then something caught the corner of her eye. Ashton was coming to their locker.

Riley began mumbling. "I don't like him why is he coming over here, I don't like him why is he coming over here, I don't like him why is he coming over here." He approached closer. "I don't like him why is he coming over here!" Riley yelled louder than ever.

"I don't know! Peaches! I don't know!"

Ashton arrived within a meter away from the girls. Riley backed up awkwardly.

"Hey Maya," he addresses not paying any attention to Riley. He continues, "Party tonight, you coming?"

"Can I bring my boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Bring him." He growls violently. She squeals happily,  hugging Riley.

Ashton comes from behind Maya and whispers in her ear, "I'll see you there." Riley jerks back from feeling his breath. Ashton smirks, and spins on his heel exiting the hall.

"Riley!" Maya complains, "you were suppose to be cool! We talked about this!"

"I. DON'T. LIKE. HIM." Riley points violently towards Ashton's direction.

"Rihihileeeyyy..." Maya cries, but is interuppted by the 5 minute bell.

"Let's get to homeroom." Riley demands as she pirouettes around delicately, and travels across the floor. Maya trotts behind her with her face fixed in an angry face.
••••
Farkle's POV
Get me out of this hell.
I keep my eyes pointed to the board, as another crumpled piece of paper hits my head.

I hear a soft but aggressive whisper, "Hey, stop that!" I turn to see Sophia's dark eyebrows fixed together as she looks at Ashton. My eyes widen.
I didn't know how to respond, she never stood up for me before. She turns back in her seat, and stares at the paper in front of her. I turn back in my seat, and pretend nothing happened.

I finish my work, and soon enough the bell rings. Everyone hands in their papers. After all the kids left, Sophia and I were the only ones held back.

"Minkus." She mocks.

"Petrov." I mock back. I burst out the door, and she followed close behind me.

"I did not authorize you to call me by my last name." She jokes at me.

I laugh, "Hey, I didn't ask for you to call me Minkus."

She squints, making me laugh harder. Her face brightens in my response. I wonder how many people laughed at her jokes before.

Suddenly, two arms clasp around me, and I look down to see a blonde mop of hair, and a pale face smushed against my chest.

"Hey cutie," I whisper in Maya's ear. "How's it goin'?" She just snuggles more in response.