Chapter 5: The Things I Would Do to Him

Anna

It's Friday night. After what happened that I desperately needed a drink, so Sandra brought me to what she called "the hottest nightclub" in town. To be honest, this is more like a bar with a small area for dancing and a couple of sofas with some conspicuous stains. 

She pulls me to dance, but I'm not big in country dance. Is there a salsa club in this town? Probably not. I might need to learn how to dance country music.

After only three shots Alexandra excuses herself because her mate was mindlinking her. It's only 11:10 pm and a good friend never leaves her girl friend alone in a bar, but she has a kid. I can forgive her.

"Do you want Mike to give you a ride or I could call you a cab?" asks Sandra stepping off her barstool.

"Don't worry. The night is young." I take a shot and showed her the empty glass.

"Ok. Don't go overboard. But, have fun and get yourself a hunk." She winks and leaves.

I should get myself a hunk of a dick to ride home. I laugh and sigh. It must be nice having a loving mate. I rest my chin on my left arm and stare at my empty shot glass in my right hand. I bang my head on the counter lightly and call the bartender.

"Give me a bottle of Jack!" I yell.

"Are you sure, miss? That might be too much for you alone," the young bartender says.

"Are you a bartender or my dad?" I huff annoyed.

"Add six Cherry Blueberry Apple Sangrias," says a smooth voice behind me. I turn to find the most exquisite piece of art made man sitting by my side on the barstool previously occupied by Sandra. "On me" he added. My mouth waters.

This guy is fine... to say the least. The outline of his muscles under his shirt is calling my hands. He has short facial hair and piercing emerald green eyes. My mate-to-be is boyish handsome but this guy in front of me is the definition of manly and sexy. 

What wouldn't I do to him? 

Larentia growled at my dirty thoughts.'Weren't you depressed just a moment ago? '

I was, but I appreciate nature's art when it's in front of me. 

He clears his throat. Oh, shoot! Drinking always makes me horny, and that's how my problems start.

"Cherry Blueberry Apple Sangrias?" I arch one eyebrow and give him my are-you-serious-dude? look.

"Both you and I know that a bottle of Jack's might probably just give you tickles in your stomach. If we are getting drunk, we are doing it with style."

"So we are getting drunk, like together?" I point at him and me with a smirk.

"Can't let the most beautiful woman in the club drinking all by herself, can't I?"

"Cheesy..." I roll my eyes.

"So what does a gorgeous she-wolf do drinking all by herself here?" he asks cupping my right hand.

"I don't know, what does a mated wolf do in a club all by himself?" I arch one eyebrow and he stiffens.

"H-how did you...?"

I grin."I didn't. You just admitted it yourself."

"Oh, look at you. Aren't you the fisher-woman?" he smirks.

"What can I say? I've been around for a while."

"You sound like an old lady." He chuckles.

"Maybe, I am."