Chapter 11: It's Ms. Amores for You

A/N: Song "Ocean Eyes," by  Billie Eilish.

Anna

Today is Friday. Yesterday, I met with Marcy at the Cafe and she told me that Caleb slept alone on Tuesday and Wednesday. At least he's keeping his end of the deal, so far. I've managed to arrive early to class every day this week. Maybe, I am becoming a responsible adult now.

I giggle while I take out today's activity handouts along with my notes from my bag. My students arrive and I begin the class with a smile on my face. I'm glad that I got this job. I really do like teaching. 

Caleb is in the back row looking at me attentively. That's another thing I have gotten used to. The boy has a commanding look, but it's nothing I can't deal with.

My brother though, he has this look that makes you want to straighten up and show your neck in submission at the same time. I've lived a very confused life with him. Larentia does get nervous when Caleb does that, but she has learned to keep quiet about the mate drama.

"I'll hand out today's activity." I pass the pages to the first students of each row. "You'll work on these three problems for the first half of the class. From now on, we'll be working with derivatives."

I glanced at the activity sheet in my hands. After finishing derivatives, they'll meet my friends the integrals. I chuckle. Poor kids. I can barely wait.

I turn to look back at my students, who started working in the activity. Except for Caleb, of course. He's staring at me with an amused look. I lock eyes with him in yet another staring contest. 

This happens almost every day. After a while, I chuckle quietly. It's sad that I'm as mature as my seventeen years old student.

"Do you need help with something, Mr. King?" I ask him.

"Actually, I do," he says with a mischievous smile.

I walk down to his seat and lean toward him slightly to take a look at his sheet. He has already solved the three problems that were supposed to take him thirty minutes to solve. Why does he have to be intelligent too? As if he isn't cocky enough as it is. 

I take his sheet and take a look at his answers. He sure needs to improve his handwriting, but his answers are painfully correct. Ugh, so annoying.

"Excellent job, Caleb. You're really intelligent. I'm so proud." I beam at him and pat him on the back. 

He looks at me with a quizzical expression on his face. A pink blush spreads across his cheeks. Oh, my! Is the arrogant little Alpha blushing? I bite my tongue to prevent any sarcastic remark from slipping out and smile brightly at him again. 

He looks away for a moment. When he turns to look at me again, his trademark smirk is plastered on his face. This boy, I swear...

"Thank you, Ms. Amores. May I know why you were laughing while looking at the activity sheet earlier?" He asks tilting his head to the side and tapping the table with his fingers.

"Oh that. I was just attracting bad Karma," I say dismissively.

"I see." He smiles widely. He's going to say something else but I another student raises his hand up.

"Sorry, Caleb. I need to help other students, but good job again." I interrupt him and he frowns.

I pat his head, purposely messing his hair, and walk away. His intense stare is fixed on me all the time while I talk to the other student. The student in front of me gulps and fidgets with his pencil. Sweat runs down the side of his forehead.