Chapter 12: It's Really Fun

A/N: Song "All We Do," by  Oh Wonder.

Anna

The date of our friendly date arrives pretty fast. Probably, because of all the excitement or maybe because he just asked me out yesterday. I'll go with the former. It's 2:56 pm and the constant banging on my door is annoying. Caleb has been here since 2:25 pm.

I'm not ready yet. I'm not a punctual person. What does he think he's doing coming here so early? I finish putting on some light makeup at exactly 2:59 pm. 

My reflection in the mirror is satisfying. You can never go wrong with jeggings, right? I'm wearing some ripped dark jeggings with a light grey sweater and a scarf. 

Today isn't as freezing as it has been lately. He told me to wear something comfortable, but he didn't tell me what we are doing. That's a code word for I still have no idea what we're doing. 

I rush to open the door and take a look at my watch, exactly 3:00 pm. I find a very annoyed Caleb at the door. I smile brightly at him.

"Were you here? Why didn't you answer?" he says between gritted teeth.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I was distracted getting ready. You did tell me to be ready by 3:00 pm." I whine and show him my watch. "See, 3:00 pm and I'm ready."

He huffs and frowns. "Seriously? But, I felt like coming earlier. You should've at least opened the door for me."

I step out of my apartment and lock the door. I turn to face him. "You have my number, don't you? It's on the syllabus I gave you. You never called me to let me know you wanted to meet earlier."

We walk to his car. He hops in the driver's side without even looking at me. I can't help but compare his actions with Xander's. I shake my head. No, Anna, they are two different people. Caleb also has his moments... Sometimes.

"I do, but I thought that just dropping by would be easier," he says. "I don't usually call people with my cell phone. I mindlink my friends and pack members. I can't mindlink you."

He has his moments, very rarely. I glare at him. "You do have a cell phone, don't you?"

"Yes I do, but as I told you, I don't like calling people. It's annoy—"

"I don't care if talking on the phone is the most boring activity in the world for you. If you want to meet me early, you call me and ask if I'm okay with that. You don't get to drop by my apartment whenever you feel like it."

He growls and his knuckles turn white as he grips the steering wheel. I scoff and cross my arms over my chest. The date is going wonderfully! I rest my temple against the window. We drive in silence for about five minutes.

Caleb sighs loudly. He brushes a lock of my hair and caresses my cheek with one hand. I tilt my head toward his hand and rub my cheek against it.

"I'm sorry, Anna. I'll be more considerate next time," he says.

I don't feel like arguing anymore. He speeds off clearly over the speed limit "You shouldn't be allowed to drive, like ever."

He slows down and looks at me tilting his head, a small smile spreading across his handsome face. "Oh, don't worry so much. It was just a little fast. I have good reflexes... That, and the head of the police department and most police officers are part of the pack."

I just nod. I may die today. The desire to talk hasn't come to me yet. Caleb, however, doesn't get the memo. He keeps talking about everything from the weather to video games. I don't answer most of the things he says but I do save everything in my memories. He's my soul mate.