Chapter Twelve~ Hidden Secrets

Hey guyssss, I'm so gladly back with another chapter. And like promised its here before the end of the week. (I tend to base the start of a new week on sunday but thats not important). But ENJOYYYY!!

Grey’s POV

I woke up to a dark room, with only the light from the sun behind the blue curtains shining through. I sat up in the bed I was in and shifted myself to my knees. I was still holding on to Strawberry when I called for Nathan. I sat on my knees silently rocking back and forth, and swaying my hips when I spotted a bottle next to my crib.

It looked like the orange bottle I seen earlier but fell asleep before I could drink the warm milk. So I thought, ‘why not drink it now.’  I grabbed the bottle out of the bottle warmer and plopped back down on my back. I drunk the warm contents of the bottle as Nathan entered the room.

“Hey princey,” he said as he came to pick me up. I looked up and him and held the, now empty, bottle up.

Nathan chuckled as he took the bottle from my hands. “Hey baby, you hungry,” I shook my head no.

“You sure,” I nodded.

Nathan then proceeded to take me downstairs. I stayed curled up in Nathan’s arms as he walked to the kitchen. Marco was already in the kitchen eating god’s know what, but whatever it was it smelt good. I whined as I tried to get out of Nathan’s arms and into Marco’s lap to eat.

“I thought you wasn't hungry,” Nathan laughed as he placed me at the table across from Marco. Then he walked into the kitchen.

I frowned and crawled out of the chair. I crawled over the floor to Marco and climbed into his lap. Marco lifted a brow as I wiggled in his lap to get situated properly.

“Food,” I asked Marco looking up at him. Marco shrugged.

“Yeah food,” he replied before wiping his face.

I looked at Marco's plate that looked like he was eating tacos or something. I picked one up off his plate and took a bite. I moaned at the crunchy taste of the outside, and the gooey, cheesy taste of the inside. I soon finished the taco roll thingy and reached to grab another one.

“Grey,” just before I could grab the toca roll Nathan walked back into the room with a plate full of them. Nathan sat the plate on the table and sat me in a chair beside him.

He pushed the plate in front of me so I could eat but I didn’t want to. I got out of the seat and climbed into daddy’s lap and pulled my plate over to me. I sat In Nathan’s lap and happily ate all my food.

After eating Daddy told me it was time to go home for the night. Which made me cry.

“I don’t wanna leave,” I sobbed into Nathan’s chest as he paced around the room with me.

“I know bud, but I’m going to be there with you,” he said to me, “I have to talk to your mom anyway.”

I sniffled and looked up at him, “Pwomise,” I asked.

“Promise,” after a minute I finally calmed down enough for Nathan and I to leave. Even though I didn’t want to.

Nathan sat me in the back seat of the car and buckled my seat belt. We then made our way to my house.

Nathan’s POV

After I got Grey to calm down long enough I was able to get him into the car without a big fuss. During the five minute drive, Grey fell asleep in the back of the car. When I pulled up to Grey’s house and parked, I pulled the sleeping little out of the car and walked to the front door.

Maxine quickly came to the front door after I rung the doorbell and helped me put Grey to bed. His sleeping so much all day has bothered me, but maybe Maxine can answer all of the questions for me.

And I have a few.

Maxine and I walked back down stairs to the living room and sat on the couch to talk. When we were seated Maxine turned to me with a worried expression.

“What I'm about to tell you you can't tell anyone,” she said was a serious expression.

And it made me worry. What could be so bad that no one can know about it?

“I won't,” I responded.

Maxine grabbed both of my hands and squeezed them gently. “When I was about Grey's age, maybe a few years older, I was married. Back then it was fine to marry that young but this man wasn't a regular human.”

I gave Maxine a questioning look. “What was he then,” I ask, if he was like me I don't know what I would do.

“Look Nathan I like you a lot, and my son is practically in love with you. I don't want anything I say to ruin your relationship,” I nodded not knowing what else to do.

“Grey's father was a supernatural,” I was speechless I didn't know whether I should be happy or disappointed, “before Grey I had two other sons and a daughter, they were all supernaturals and somehow the governor found out and sent them back to the supernatural world. At the time I was just a few weeks pregnant with Grey. I ended up moving here to keep him safe from the previous towns folk

But it's always a struggle keeping his powers at bay. He is just about as strong as his father. But without a supernatural presence in his life his supernatural power wasn't able to age up to his current age.”

“What do you mean by that,” I asked. I feel like I've heard of this before but I always thought it was an old myth or something.

“That's part of the reason why he's a little, that's how I knew. Grey is still technically a toddler, only being a teenager when he feels like he is needed as one,” Maxine stopped and looked up at me, “Nathan my son is a wolf cub.”

Maxine looked away as I processed what she just said. No matter how much I play it in my mind I didn't know whether to be happy, sad, scared, or relieved. But this was a great opportunity to tell her a secret I've been keeping from the two of them.

“How did it happen,” I asked.

“He's aging slowly as a supernatural because his father is so far away, but he can't stay so young forever,” Maxine mumbled the last part as she shook her head.

“Maxine,” the small women looked up at me once again, “I'm a supernatural also. And I was thinking about telling Grey, but I didn't know if he would still feel the same way about me,”

“What!”

I turned to see Grey on the stairs looking at the both of us. Soon he ran back up stairs grumbling under his breath about something. I got up and chased him to his room. Only to find that it was locked.

“Grey,”

“Go away,”

“No,” I sat against the door.

‘Hopefully he's not to mad when I eventually break the door down.’

So how was the chapter??? And sorry for the shortness this was like another filler, but important, chapter. Welp...after this chapter I might feel back on my game. Plus I have only four more days of school left. XD!!! And thx for all the comments on the last chapter I really appreciate them.

UNTIL NEXT TIME(Would you guy like to have a back story of all the charaters??)