Chapter Twenty-nine~ Is that you? (Ture siblings pt. 2)

Hey again XD.

Author's POV

The silence was tense in the living room's calm. The emotionally stuffy air choking the three unwilling chatters as they sat and stared at each other. Neither not know what or how they should start the impending conversation. Sutton was clearly nervous in her spot on the black loveseat beside an equally as frazzled Saffron. Nathan was the only one that seemed to not care, but deep down he was enraged.

"S-um so.. ." Sutton looked up towards the other two expectantly.

"How did Roux and Cyan find us?" Saffron finally asked; looking at Sutton then Nathan when the girl didn't answer.

Nathan shrugged; pulling out his phone so he could text the others of where he went. He didn't need the guys to go on a rampage looking for them. Saffron took it as ignoring her question, or being rude. She scuffed at the boy and rolled her eyes with the click of her tongue.

"Typical. I don't get what Grey sees in a human like you."

"H-Human?"

All heads turned towards the living room opening to see greyish blue eyes looking back at them. Grey was standing half hidden behind the wall that connected the stairs to the living room. He looked back and forth between the three tense teens. Grey didn't know wether to leave his spot or stay, but he just couldn't help but repeat Saffron when she called his daddy a human.

"C'mere baby, how are you feeling?" Nathan asked, beckoning the worried little to him. The ashy blonde held his arms open as Grey bounced over to sit in his lap.

A comfort for both of them.

"I wan uder bottoms." the little pouted as he wrapped his arms around Nathan's neck and snuggled into the junction of his neck.

"I think you have some in the car." Nathan replied with a faint smile, a little relieved that Grey seemed to be in a better mood.

"Hey Grey, are you feeling better?" Saffron asked as she moved over towards the two. still keeping her distance from Nathan, but still wanting to move in to see her brother.

"No, I wan stawbewwy." he whined back out in reply. Grey turned expectantly towards Nathan as he spoke this.

"What?" Saffron looked to Nathan. "I don't think we have any strawberries, sorry."

With an annoyed eye roll Nathan explained.

"He wants one of his stuffed bears with the name strawberry, but it's back at the house." This made Grey pout but he otherwise stayed quiet. Which Nathan didn't like.

"No pouting," Nathan chided softly, "I'm pretty sure you have a stuffie in the car somewhere."

"We get it?" Grey quipped in response. Excitement rising back to his face.

Nathan laughed as he moved to stand with the little still in his arms. "Yes baby, we can go get it." Gray squealed excitedly as he bounced in Nathan's arms.

"We get pant too?"

"Yes we can get the pants too." Nathan chuckled while leaving the room with Grey bouncing excitedly in his arms. and Grey left the room, leaving Sutton and Saffron alone in the living room.

Saffron opened her mouth to talk, but when she spotted Sutton looking at her from the other couch she quickly closed up. Saffron wasn't normally a shy and unsteady person, but she was finally seeing her sister for the first time in years. The girl didn't know what to do or say in a situation like this that wouldn't make her sound stupid.

That was the last thing she wanted to do. She was just now seeing her sister in years for god's sake.

"A-are you and Grey related?"

Saffrons head snapped up to see Sutton pointedly staring at a picture to the side of them. It wasn't a special picture if Saffron had to admit. I was a photo of her and her dad, adoptive dad, at the amusement park from years ago. She remembered being happy that day. It was the first time she was allowed to go anywhere outside of school and her backyard.

"I- well...yes we are." Saffron managed to answer, even though her nerves were starting to skyrocket from being around Sutton.

Per usual, Saffron would have been ecstatic to finally see her sister after years of separation, but something seemed off about the girl that was currently sitting in her living room. Saffron couldn't pick up a scent from the girl, let alone make out if she actually remembered her.

Though what put her on edge the most was that she couldn't even decipher if she was human or not. To Saffron, the brunette, brown eyed girl smelled like a regular person. She didn't have the distinct warm cinnamon like smell the rest of them usually had.

Even Grey, who didn't really have a scent, carried with him the pack smell. So it put Saffron on edge to have, what could be, her sister in front of her without a scent.

"My name is Sutton, by the way." The brunette said as if she just thought about the sentence.

Saffron was thrown into a bender. She wholly believed that the girl sitting across from her was her sister. In Saffron's eyes she looked like Sora; Same eyes, same face shape, same nose, even same little mole caked up under all the makeup she used to try and conceal it. Even the brown dye did nothing to cover the black hair from Saffron.

Maybe she was wrong thought. Just maybe sutton was really Sutton, and her eyes were just tricking her again.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Saffron looked at Sutton, just to see the girl walking towards her. Slowly.

Like she was going to blow at any moment.

"um~ yeah, why do you ask?" Saffron asked shakingly.

"Oh no reason." the other girl said off handedly, but continued to advance her way.

Saffron was starting to become worried, but before Sutton reached her side of the room Nathan walked back.

"Is everything okay in here?" Nathan asked the two.

Sutton nodded happily while Saffron just looked at the girl. There was some real killer intent laced in that nod. She could see it.

Nathan smiled back before turning towards Saffron.

"Hey can you show me a room I can use for Grey?"

Instead of telling to boy off like she would have she jumped up to show him a guest room they could stay in. Saffron led the way to the room the furthest down the hall. That room was the most protected, and she no doubly believed they need protection from the girl back in the living room.

When they made it to the room nathan closed and locked the door.

"Why did you lock the door?" Saffron said a little worried.

Nathan sat Grey on the before with his peppermint mint stuffie before turning towards the frazzled girl.

"That isn't Sora."

"I know that, she called herself Sutton...I think." The raven haired girl replied.

"No, Sutton is Sora, but that thing down there is neither." Nathan re-explained.

"Who is it then?" Saffron shakingly said.

"It's a doppelganger."

Oooo a doppelganger AHHHHH. Lol just kidding but how did you guys like the two chapters?? I know there wasn't much since they were short, but I still hope you enjoyed them. Welp...one to writing the next chapter!

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!(Are there any other monster you think might pop up in the book?)