Chapter Twenty-six~ Sub Drop

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!! *kisses all around* XD. The way the end of this chapter turned out felt fitting for this day. So lay back and enjoy the chapter XD.

Warning sexual content ahead!

Nathan’s POV

“Grey? Come on baby, tell daddy what it is you want.”

Grey had been crying for the past two hours, off and on. Each time I tried a different tactic, but none of them seemed to work. Honestly, I didn’t know if it was me doing something wrong, or if it was his way of going through a sub-drop. I knew I shouldn't have, but I was wishing and hoping that I was somehow the cause of his sadness, and not the fact that he believes his father is going to take him from me. Seeing my little prince in tears, crying softly against my chest, seemingly, without end was breaking my heart.

I had Grey cradled in my arms. His stuffie, Blueberry, held close to him. Earlier I had to ask Bryce to go get the blue swirled bear. Grey nearly passed out when I told him the bear was at my house. I was, gladly, able to calm the little down a bit by distracting him with a change of clothing. Grey was still old enough for me to put him into a new onesie, but this time I had to to put him in a pamper. I didn’t know if he really truly needed it or not, but considering his little age was dropping due to his sub drop I couldn’t be to careful.

After Grey got his bear I was able to hold onto the boy for a while, while we sat and watched a few cartoons. The cartoon soon became background noise as I whispered calming things to Grey. Trying to make him feel some semblance of care since he was in such a deep, and personal mental state.

His tears lessened to mere whimpers and a few stray drops here and there.

His crying wasn’t as loud as it had been earlier, and even then it wasn’t that loud, but it seemed as though the function to keep his tears in was malfunctioning.

“Do you want a snacky baby?” I asked, trying to be light hearted.

Grey nodded quickly, but leaned in closer to me. He was acting shyer then he as ever been in his little state. I sighed and made my way off the bed. It was a little trickier since Grey was definitely not going to let me leave him in the room. Once I made it off the bed I was able to hook Grey’s legs around my waist, and behind my back, and he moved his head to lay it on my shoulder; making him look even more adorable.

I hated the fact that he was so sad, and I couldn’t do much to help him out. I know that coddling him, and making it known that I’m here for him was good, but I felt as though I wasn’t doing enough. Grey was still clearly going through a sub drop, or little drop, and I didn’t know if what I was doing was helping him or not.

I made my way down stairs with Grey clinging on to me with each step. When I made it to the living room I could see the pack decided to rest up like I had told them. Bryce and Marco were both in their wolf forms laying cuddled together on the floor beside the love seat Jax and Matthew were on. Ace was laying on the larger couch; possible having kicked everyone else from using it.

With a ‘tsked’ I tiptoed over the two wolves as quietly as possible, and waltzed into the kitchen. With Grey still in my arms I went and looked inside the top cabinets to see if I could find some snacks I knew he would like.

To my surprise I found several new boxes of fruit snack, granola bars, and crackers. It looked like someone must have went to the store recently. I looked over the island to see if one of them was still up, but everyone was just how they were before. Sleep and calm.

“D-daddy…”

I turned my head to look at Grey. he was picking at a pack of gummy snacks that was sitting on the counter. I instantly perked up because Grey was finally speaking again. I was starting to get worried, and not being able to figure if what I was doing was helping my little in the slightest. But to hear his sweet voice after so many hours just made me so happy. I wanted to squeeze him, but it could hurt him from my overwhelming excitement.