Marco ━ Save Me

EDITED

Suicidal!Reader

TW: SELF-HARM

It happened a third time today. You sit on your bed with bloodstained tears and messy, tangled hair. Instructor Shadis had scolded you again for being behind in training. Cadets would laugh at you for being so weak. You can't help it. It's not like you aren't giving your all.

You pull out the blade from under your pillow, letting out a cry. You press the blade against your skin, cutting your wrist as blood oozes out within seconds. You wince in pain but pay little mind to it. Funny how inflicting pain on yourself could bring more ease and comfort than intended. When you finally had enough, you wash the blade and place it back underneath your pillow. Tears continually fall and the urge to pass out becomes stronger.

A knock on your door is heard. Seeing the knob twist open catches you by surprise, mentally beating yourself up for forgetting to lock it. You meet Marco's eyes as he barges into your room with a shocked expression.

"Marco..." You mumble softly as you let the darkness take over and you lose consciousness.

O ══════════════════ O

You open your eyes and the ceiling is the first thing you see.

"(Y/n), you're finally awake. Thank goodness." A voice can be heard from the side of your bed.

"Where am I?" You ask without lifting a single muscle.

"You're in the infirmary." You look down at your wrist to find it covered in bandages.

"Thank you, Marco." You say.

You see him hesitate for a bit, knowing he is choosing his words.

"Just, don't ever hurt yourself again. If you try to, I'll stop you so please just promise me you won't." He sighs.

You sense the worry and distraught in his voice. No one has ever cared for you like that, let alone talk to you like they value you.

"Okay, I promise." You sigh in defeat.

"Good. Now, get some rest. I'll get you something to eat." He smiles politely.

"Okay, thank you."

"By the way, I threw away the blade just to be sure." He says, opening the door.

You watch him leave the room. When he is out of sight, the tears naturally fall on their own. You've barely interacted with Marco before and you've never talked to him apart from the times you were paired for training. However, seeing this side of him really got to you. The first time someone has ever shown you kindness since joining the military.

"Here." He says as he hands you a tray, snapping you out of your daze.

You muster a small 'thanks', laying it on your lap. He smiles at your figure, pleased to see you regaining a bit of strength from eating.

"So... the expedition is next week, huh?" He suddenly mutters, looking away.

"Yeah..." You frown in response.

"Well, I guess I'll be going. I promised to meet Jean in the mess hall. I'll check on you later  okay?" He says, smiling sheepishly.

He gets up. Not even halfway through the door, you're missing his company. But even if it was only for a bit, you enjoyed the moment of having someone to talk to and care for you.

"W-Wait." You stop him in his tracks.

"What is it?" He smiles.

"T-Thanks for saving me, M-Marco."

It's the least he could do for a precious soul like you.