AU Jean x Reader: Winter Sleep

Songfic! Hellooo~! This is inspired by Olivia Lufkin's "Winter Sleep" :) Go listen to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It keeps coming back to me

I remember this pain

It spreads across my eyes

Everything is dull

Everyone's smiling, they're smiling

It pushes me far far away

I can't understand

Everything is blue

You walked through the snowy grounds, shivering. You had no one left to take care of you and you had nothing left with you. All the hope that you once had was now gone and you felt you were going to die already, starving.

You screamed, hoping someone would hear you but no one ever came to your rescue.

Can you hear me out there?

Your eyes instantly dropped as soon as you let it all out. You fainted, lying down in the cold snow. You never even got a chance to see someone approaching your form to help you. He heard your piercing scream and he got worried. He carried you on his back and led you to his cottage where he laid you down his couch, near the fireplace and looked at you worriedly.

Will you hold me now

Hold me now

My frozen heart

I'm gazing from the distance and

I feel everything pass through me

I can't be alone right now

He touched your forehead, you were freezing cold. He hurriedly looked for a towel and dipped it into hot water, as he placed it over your forehead. He also grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around your body. He couldn't sit or take his eyes off of you, he constantly worried about you.

Will you hold me now

Hold me now

My frozen heart

I'm lost in a deep winter sleep

I can't seem to find my way out alone

Can you wake me?

Slowly, he felt relieved as he saw your eyes flutter open. You stare at him, he stares back at you with the same intensity. You knew he wanted some answers. You sighed. Before he could even speak to you, you started coughing. It was much worse, your chest hurts twice as much as before. No matter how he tried to keep you warm, the coldness never left you.

I know when I let it in

It hides love from this moment

So I guard it close

I watch the moves it makes

But it gets me, but it gets me

I wish I could understand how I

Could make it disappear, make it disappear

"H-Hey, are you alright?" He asks.

"Oh, yes. I'm VERY fine." You say, sarcastically.

"What's your name?" He says, not minding the sarcasm.

"(f/n) (l/n)." You reply.

"(Y-Y/n)? How could I not have noticed? It's me, Jean Kirschtein!" He smiles.

"J-Jean?" You ask, you would be lying if you said you remembered him.

"Y-Yeah, we used to be in the Military together! Do you remember the time when-"

He was cut off by another batch of coughs from you. He wasted no time, he got you some hot chocolate drink and handed it over. You took it from him and drank it. Nope, the coldness is still there.

Anyone out there hear me now?

You tightened your grip on your clothing. Suddenly, you noticed your heirloom necklace was missing. Your eyes watered.

"I-I left something. I'll be back quickly." You say, rushing out the door.

"W-Wait, I'll come with you!" He says.

"N-No, I don't want to trouble you. I'll be quick." You say, slamming the door shut.

Jean couldn't do anything but sigh. He wanted to go after you, but at the same time, he wanted to trust your words. Instead, he waited by the fireplace.

By then, he was pacing around the room. He was starting to doubt about you. You've been gone for almost an hour now. That's when he decided to grab his coat and his boots, preparing to look for you.

Will you hold me now

Hold me now

My frozen heart

Kiss my lips and

Maybe you can take me to your world for now

I can't be alone right now

He wandered around the blizzard. He still had no sign of you. Then, he thought of going to the place he had saw you earlier today. He ran, hoping to find you there. Eventually, he did.

Will you hold me now

Hold me now

My frozen heart

Please make it all go away

Am I ever gonna feel myself again?

I hope I will

He did find you, sort of. He saw your body, laying on the snowy ground. Lifeless.

He ran up to you. He cried. His tears landing onto your face. He blamed himself for this. He should've came with you, and told you to be more careful.

And now, it's too late to do that.

But for the last time, he kissed you on the cheek. Hoping you would wake up again.

From above, you looked at his form. Wishing you could reach out to him.

But you were already in an eternal winter sleep.