AU Levi ━ Assassination [Requested]

EDITED

Requested by erza78787! :)

Hope you like it! I'm not actually good in writing this haha.

"Bang!"

You had done it again. That is the reason the company had trusted you so much. This was already your 39th successful kill and you had never been caught or figured out. You were so skilled, not to mention even rich.

"Wonderful job, (y/n)! I knew I could never doubt you! Here's your payment." Yells your boss, Hanji Zoe. Her goggles showed a spark of victory and you gave her a smirk.

You catch the bag thrown your way, opening it to see the reward you were promised.

"See you tomorrow, Hanji." You say, giving her a wave.

You head off to a small room in the building where your belongings are set. You lock the door behind you and start changing out of your black uniform into casual clothes. You remove the mask from your face and start applying some light makeup on. Not only were you skilled in hunting people down, but in stealth and disguise.

You grab your bag and head for the back entrance of the building. You hop into your car and drive off of the secluded area. You turn the radio on upon reaching the main city, watching the isolated road behind you disappear.

You park the car on your driveway, walking toward the door of your shared apartment. You enter your abode to be greeted by your boyfriend who is sitting on the couch and watching television.

"I'm home!" You shout, closing the door.

"Welcome home. How was work?" He says as he makes his way over to you and pulls you into his embrace.

"Tiring. I feel better now that I'm back." You smile as he gently pulls away.

"Would you like something to eat, (y/n)?" He asks.

"Chocolate cake would be fine. There's still some left in the refrigerator." You say, plopping down on the couch. You hear a small noise come from the kitchen and he comes back with a plate of chocolate cake in his hands.

"Here." He hands it over, having a plate of his own to eat.

"Thank you, Levi."

O ══════════════════ O

"So, (y/n). Are you ready for the 40th assassination assignment?" Asks Hanji, a look of determination on her face.

Your hands ball into a fist. You get into a stance and place a hand on your chest with the other behind your back. Hanji always loved it when you salute her.

"Very well. Next mission is to kill Eren Jaeger." She says, handing you a paper.

You glance at the paper, scanning details left and right. The male possesses turquoise orbs and brunette hair. According to the description, the poor boy has been caught meddling with the company's affairs - mostly unintentional. However, he is aware of the company's existence and has plans of exposing them to the police given the chance.

"Be careful not to get caught especially by his adopted sister, Mikasa Ackerman. She's one hell of a fighter when she's mad." You nodded. Mikasa won't scare a professional assassin like you.

You prepare to take off, adjusting your 3dmg to ensure it is firmly placed on you. With everything in place, you fly from building to building. For a top-notch assassin like you, it's no doubt that no one notices your form in the air.

You stand on top of the building. From below, you could hear a teenage boy screaming in his room. That must be Eren, as expected from a boy going through puberty. You swing onto a nearby tree, allowing you to detect the target at a better angle. You position yourself and your weapon, looking through the scope and getting him exactly on the crosshair. You were about to pull the trigger when the branch starts to shake.

"Sorry, this target is mine." A punch was received by your face.

You are caught off guard, losing your balance. Does someone have the same target as you? It's a little alarming that Eren's a popular target, meaning the boy has interfered with other companies than your own.

Before you could make an impact on the ground, your hands quickly grab onto a branch that sustained your body. The other assassin is ready to pull the trigger but you have to stop him by all means. Your legs swiftly kick him off, knocking him out of his spot. Unfortunately, he takes your weapon with him in his fall. Great.

You jump off of the tree and eye your rival. Instead of making a move, he lays still. His body doesn't move an inch nor does a word come out of his mouth. You squint and grit your teeth slightly. Because of him, your whole plan is falling apart and your identity is nearly exposed. Who is he anyway?

You take a step closer, leaning down and yanking his mask rather impatiently. What you see completely takes you by surprise.

"Levi?! What are you doing here?!"

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" He spat bitterly, still on the ground.

You take your mask off, his eyes widening in disbelief. You are glad to see him, but something else stirs within you. He's an assassin? Not to mention, he has the same target as you? That could only mean one thing - He was part of the rivalry organization of the company.

"Y-You work for Erwin Smith?" You ask, voice barely a whisper.

"W-Wait, Mikasa! I hear a commotion outside!" You and Levi exchange glances. Uh oh.

But before Eren could catch a glance of your figures, you hide behind a tree. It pays off to be masters of disguise. In fact, you're both too good to even realize the secret behind your true professions.

You sigh heavily and Levi looks at you.

"I'm so gonna quit this job." You mumble.

"I'm sorry for hiding it." He immediately apologizes.

"I'm sorry too." You reply.

You both just stand there for a bit, unsure of what to do. Not even bothering to finish the mission, you leave the area and resign from your companies. Granted, it wasn't the easiest thing to do, especially convincing someone like Hanji. However, you had to settle things and make them right.

"You're one of my best employees, (y/n). It's not gonna be easy replacing you, and I don't think I'd like to do that." Your boss sighs.

"If I train Moblit, would that put you at ease?"

The topic heats up. It takes every ounce of effort in you to persuade her. However, at the end of the day, things were resolved. 

Both of you put a stop to it. Looking back, you could only imagine how bad life could have been if you had chosen to pursue the mission. Life in jail or worse, a life of death. What more, a life without the other? You and Levi agree to resign for the better of your future.

Not long later, Levi had proposed to you. You couldn't be any happier. It was the life you wanted to achieve. No more stealth missions. No more spying. No more killing. Just a happy family with Levi.

"Hey Levi, do you remember when our lives used to be Mr. & Mrs. Smith?" You ask, lightly shaking your head.

"What about it?" He hums.

"I still find it hard to believe you were never a businessman." You chuckle.

"So do I, and I used to think you really did just sell flowers in a shop."