Erwin x Reader: Friend-zone

Special thanks to SilentReaderA for helping me make this one-shot :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As usual, it was just another normal day in the Survey Corps Headquarters. The sun is shining, the birds chirping, and you can feel the peaceful atmosphere all around.

Or is It…?

You started heading to the training grounds where a certain someone is waiting for you. Of course, you seemed confused and curious on why he would call you out at this time of the day. It was even your only rest day. You thought about just being positive about enjoying this and not meeting up with some fellow.

A few seconds later, you arrive at your destination, and you noticed a person waiting underneath the tree. You saw a flash of yellow as you approached the figure.

“(f/n)…” He says, turning to you.

Startled at the sound of his voice, you immediately panicked as you saluted him and he smiled down at you. He told you to drop off the salute and you did as told.

“Commander Erwin… not to be rude, but what did you call me here for?” You started, looking at him straight in the eyes.

“Umm.. you see (f/n)... I have something important to tell you.” He gulped.

Wait.. did he just gulp? You observed his face carefully and you saw how sweaty he is and a small tinge of pink dusted his cheeks. Is the Commander blushing? You couldn't help but think.

“(f/n)... I... I...” He took a deep breath and looked at you straight into your eyes.

“I love you...” He finally blurts out.

“Huh?.. Wha-when-why?” You accidentally ask.

“(y/n)... you’re a very beautiful, charming, sporty, smart, and kind cadet. You are so very talented and selfless. You can lead a squad very well. And, you are a very lovable person… But I don't know how I've got the courage to say this so I can’t help but fall in love with you.” He finished.

You stood there for a moment, trying to let everything sink in. Well, you are not used to getting a confession, especially if that person is your commander. It is very unusual.

A few moments passed and you can see the irritation clearly at your commander’s face. He was tapping his foot impatienly against the ground. He couldn't take the silence anymore.

“Well?” He spoke. “What’s your answer?”

You inhaled then exhaled, trying to calm yourself down. You repeated the same sequence all over then you smiled your sweetest smile to him.

“Commander… I like you...”

“WAIT, WHAT REALLY (Y/N) DID YOU MEAN THAT I CAN’T BELIE-" You cut him off.

“WAIT! I’m not done speaking yet. Don't leave my sentence unfinished.” You say.

You were practically glaring at him for a little while. For a moment there, Erwin looked like he’s gonna pass out from your death glare. You sighed but, then continued. 

“Commander... I like you not as a lover but I like you as a friend.” You say.

Erwin’s jaw dropped as you continued on what you’re going to say. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He was left frozen and speechless.

“I'll be honest. I do admire your leadership skills and your strength, but I must say you’re not exactly my type.” You say, winking at him.

"But- Y-you, wha-" He stutters out.

“I'm sorry, but I like another person, Commander. And not to offend you, I'd rather go out with Corporal Ravioli over there... Oops, don't tell him I called him that. So, what I'm trying to say is you should let me go. And if that’s what you’re gonna say then, I must be leaving then. Goodbye Commander.” You say, smiling at him.

You then turned around leaving Erwin dumbfounded. As the distance between you and the commander lengthen, you can’t help but hear one last message he shouted from a distance.

“(Y/N)! DID YOU JUST FRIEND-ZONED ME?”