Erwin ━ いつも (Itsumo)

EDITED

[ This chapter has undergone major editing! ]

"Come in." You hear him say.

You swallow the invisible lump in your throat and open the door to Commander Erwin's office. You give him a salute and make your way over to the Commander's desk. On the outside, you are looking very calm and collected. But on the inside, well, that's a different story.

"I see you got the thing I asked for." He says calmly, a small smile on his face.

"Y-yes, sir." You suddenly become nervous.

You hand over the item with shaky hands. You gulp as you remember how awkward it felt trying to obtain it. Everyone teased you about it too.

~Flashback~

It was a busy morning as everyone's busy preparing for the next expedition outside the walls. When it was time for breakfast, the chatter was loud and cheery as usual. You couldn't help but groan a little and slouch in your seat, wanting a change in the environment for once. You scoff as you hear Jean and Eren fight about who knows what, probably something ridiculous, which doesn't really surprise you anymore.

You sigh and continue to eat. You even find yourself daydreaming about a certain commander you love. If you are being honest with yourself, you really didn't expect to fall for him out of all the cadets and superiors, especially with him having a high rank.

"(Y/n)." You hear someone call, but you seem too busy daydreaming to notice.

You imagine yourself and Commander Erwin in a beautiful field filled with flowers. A smile appears on your lips as you hear his voice whispering sweet nothings and all those mushy stuff. You chuckle at your broad imagination, oblivious to the stares coming from your fellow comrades.

"(Y/n)!" The loud shout finally brings you back to reality.

You snap out of your reverie and turn to the person calling for you. Looking over, you find the brunette girl staring at you with bread crumbs on her mouth.

"What?" You sigh.

"Uhhh... Can I have your bread?" Sasha asks sheepishly, looking very eager to eat it.

"Fine. Here you go." You murmur as you hand her your bread.

"THANK YOU (y/n)! YOU'RE AN ANGEL!" Sasha said with bread in her mouth.

You playfully shake your head as she stuffs them all in her mouth. The poor girl nearly chokes before gulping down some water. Once she is ready to talk with her mouth empty, she turns back to face you.

"Oh, by the way, Commander Erwin told me to give you this." She says, handing you a piece of paper.

You certainly did not like the look on her face. She wiggles her eyebrows, giving you 'the look'. To your dismay, everyone stops what they're doing and joins in on giving you 'the look' as well.

"Well? There's nothing to see here." You sigh, glaring back at them.

"Just hurry and open it up." Eren urges as everyone agrees with him.

"Fine." You say, gritting your teeth.

You unfold the piece of paper as everyone stares at you with intent. Upon reading the writings on it, your eyes widen a bit as you read it a second time. At this point, you start to blush furiously. You bring a hand to your mouth to cover it as you finish reading it.

"Oh, why are you blushing?" Sasha grins teasingly.

"I am NOT." You deny, trying to keep a straight face as you put it in your pocket.

"But you are! What did it even say anyway?" Sasha asks, trying to sneak it out of your pocket but fails.

"...He told me to get a ring he bought." You state as calmly and quietly as possible in hopes they'd react the same way.

A thin silence engulfs the room as pairs of eyes stare at you. You are almost convinced that the news isn't meant to be taken as a big deal. However, the cadets cheering and clapping loudly for you a second later says otherwise. You hear your friends holler louder, leaving you a blushing mess. You hide your face in your hands, clearly embarrassed by it. Thankfully, none of the other superiors were there.

~Flashback end~

"Come with me." He ordered.

You follow him obediently. He leads you to an empty field filled with beautiful flowers, like the one you had daydreamed before.

"Wow, it's beautiful." You say, completely amazed.

You spin around, trying to admire all the colorful and blooming flowers. You reach down and touch one of your favorite flowers, smiling as the petal comes in contact with your hand.

"Yeah, I've been meaning to show you this." Erwin says softly, meeting your gaze. 

You could feel your face burn up from the intense stare he is giving you.

"Co-commander, why did you bring me here?" You ask.

"Give me your hand." He ordered.

You comply and give him your hand. You watch him reach for something in his pocket and he immediately places a ring on your finger. Your body goes stiff from shock and you look at him, expecting him to say something.

"It's a promise ring." He says, urging you to read the words scripted on it.

Your eyes trail back to the ring, checking for the text. Your eyes start to water all of a sudden and you clasp your hand over your mouth. You definitely did not expect a confession, or anything as sweet as this. Your head snaps back up and you look at him, your eyes searching for an answer.

"It's true... That's how I really feel." He says, reaching to hold your hand.

"I..I...I love you, Commander." You gather up the courage to confess to him.

"The ring says it all." He smiles in response.

I love you (y/n)... always.

Itsumo.