Eren ━ Stupid Little Thing Called Love

EDITED

Sorry for the delay! I was supposed to post this yesterday but the electricity is limited in our place due to typhoon issues.

"He did!"

"He didn't!"

"I'm completely sure he did!"

"No, I'm very certain he didn't!"

There you go again. You and Eren had always fought like this but it never seemed serious. Both of you were like cat and dog. To you, it was annoying how you had to fight at the smallest things. But to the other cadets, it looked so cute how you fight and they would often say it's how you strengthen your boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

"There's only one way to settle this, (y/n)." Eren says with a mischievous glint in his eyes. You give him a quick nod as if reading his mind. In an instant, both of you are sprinting toward a certain friend's direction.

"ARMIN!!!" A loud yell fills the hallway as you two race neck-and-neck with each other. The blond-haired boy turns to look at his friends, slightly unamused.

"What is it, Eren and (y/n)?" He asks.

"Is it true that you sneakily took Connie's lunch today?" You ask. Yes, this stupid question is what you have been fighting about with Eren.

Cue the cricket noises for a minute.

"...P-please don't t-tell, Connie!" In an instant, Armin shuts his eyes and holds his hands up in surrender, turning red from embarrassment.

"See! I told you he did!" Eren informs smugly, Armin's crime barely in the limelight as it switches back to your boyfriend's triumph.

You roll your eyes and let out a sigh of defeat. You become oblivious to the fact that Eren's gaze softens. His eyes display concern instead of complacency. He doesn't even care that he won the petty argument. Losing your smile is like losing the competition itself.

"You were right. I'm sorry." You mumble.

"Hey, don't feel bad." Eren says, hugging you. As if on cue, Armin takes his leave.

"I just feel stupid for starting fights with you all the time." You lean back on him.

"Well, don't be." He says.

"Aren't you tired of fighting over trivial matters with me? Why do you even put up with it?" You huff in frustration.

Eren spins you around, wanting to see you face-to-face. He gently cups your cheeks, knowing he wants your full attention as he speaks.

"(Y/n), we fight just for the fun of it. It doesn't mean anything. We're just naturally competitive people. But at the end of the day, we still love each other, don't we?" He says.

"...Love is stupid, isn't it?" You ponder, letting out a sigh.

"No, love is an awesome feeling. It's the people that act stupid because they're inlove." He says.

You can't help but smile at that.

"Yeah, you're right. I love you, Eren." You hum in content.

"I love you too." He responds, kissing your forehead.

"I love you more." You chuckle.

"No, I love you more."

The fight is endless for you both love each other equally more than anyone else.

Everybody thinks it's cute how you and Eren express your love by doing the stupidest things ever.