11.

Adrienne's POV

"We met in seventh grade." I started telling Drew about Arron. That boy has a weak spot in my heart and always will. "He was the dangerous bad boy moms warn their daughters about and I was intrigued. Everything about him was exciting and fun. We hung out and started dating. He had sex with my friends when I wouldn't put out, and he smoked weed all the time. He was put in jail right before prom, but no matter what he did I always took him back."

"Why?" Drew asked.

"I wish I knew Drew." I sighed. "I just felt like I could help him be better, or make him see that he was such a good person, and he actually is! Under that fake guard he's got up he's so nice and has a good heart, but he makes dumb choice after dumb choice."

"So why'd he come all the way down here?" he asked.

I looked away from Drew down at my hands. "He needed some money."

"For what?" he asked.

"Court costs. His mom won't pay it and if he doesn't have the money by Thursday he gets put back in jail again." I said looking back at Drew.

He furrowed his brow. "Do you want to help him?"

I thought a second then sighed. "I don't know what I want!" I groaned.

Drew laughed and took my hands both in his. "Adrienne, be honest. Are you going to nursing school because it's what you want or what your dad wants?" he asked seriously.

I was about to lie, but I looked into his crystal blue eyes and just couldn't do it. "My dad." I said softly with my voice shaking as I admitted it aloud for the first time. "I never wanted to do anything slightly medical. If it was actually my choice I'd skip out on college all together and travel around. It's not up to me though. I'm not paying for it and so I'll do as I'm expected and go to college for nursing. Then I'll get a job I hate and work my butt off."

Drew chuckled. "You never told them you don't wanna go to college?"

"It wouldn't matter." I shrugged.

He smiled and pushed some hair out of my face letting his fingers linger at the pink tips. "So what's my task today?" he asked.

I hadn't though of one yet to be honest. "Take me somewhere. I wanna have fun." With that Drew stood up taking my hand and drug me down the hall to my room.

"Get changed into beach stuff." he told me.

I found a purple bikini and looked at Drew. "Um, can you like leave or turn around?"

"Oh, yeah my bad!" He laughed leaving the room with a faint blush on his cheeks.

Drew's POV

I was walking along side with Adrienne and she had her arms crossed over her midsection hiding her well tone abdomen. Her pink tipped hair was flapping in the wind as we matched step for step along the water on the beach. I glanced sideways at her catching a glimpse of her profile. I don't know what it is but she's just makes me feel so happy. With her beside me everything seems okay even though it's not.

"Drew?" Adrienne said stopping to look up at me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I um, wanted to see if I can change what I wanted you to do today?" She asked twirling a price of hair around her finger.

"What you don't want me to take you someplace fun?" I laughed.

She giggled and shook her head. "I thought of something I rather have instead."

"Well what is it?" I smiled.

She lightly traced her pink fingernails over my chest tattoo. It was actually kinda turning me on. "Kiss me." she said softly.

I looked down meeting her gaze and she blushed a soft pink. "Gladly." I breathed lowering my lips onto hers.

She wound her fingers in my hair and moved her lips in sync with mine. Her lips tasted like piña colada Chapstick and mint gum. I was drunk on her lips as I continued to hold her hips tight against me. She pulled back all too soon and looked into my eyes with tears in hers.

"I have to go." She said simply and with that I watched her walk away on the beach leaving me alone an very confused.