18.

Drew's POV

I can't believe she was going to let me take her virginity in the backseat of a damn car. I would've felt like a total dick! I was driving us back to my place now and you could cut the tension in the car with a knife. It was completely silent and not the good kind.

I held her hand in mine as I drove. She looked lost in thought every time I glanced at her. I wish I could tell what she was thinking sometimes.

"Drew?" Adrienne asked as we pulled into my lot.

"Yeah babe?" I looked over at her and noticed she looked ready to cry. "Oh my gosh what's wrong?"

"Do you not want to have sex with me?" she asked quietly looking down at her hands in her lap.

Was she insane? "Of course I wanna have sex with you Adrienne! I really do, but I also don't want you to remember your first time as being a quickie in the backseat of my car." I explained placing my finger under her chin to make her look at me. "Why would you think I didn't what to?"

"I don't know, I just get insecure really easy." she sighed. "I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." I smiled looking into her eyes and then, without even thinking, I uttered three words I'd never said to anyone other than my family. "I love you." And I meant it.

Adrienne's POV

He loves me!?!?!? Earlier he could barley spit out that he liked me and now he loves me! I was about to hyperventilate when I realized I needed to say something.

"I think I love you too." I said.

"You think?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think I do." I smiled.

He smiled back and shut off the car. In the short walk up to Drew's apartment I realized that I need to tell my dad that college at UCLA isn't what I want. I need to be happy and I can't do that if I'm just trying to please everyone else.

"Drew I'm gonna call my dad today." I said as we walked inside.

"Oh, are you sure?" he asked.

"Positive." I nodded.

We sat down at the kitchen table and I pulled out my phone. "I'll be right here baby." Drew said taking one of my hands.

I dialed up my dad an he answered almost immediately. "Hi Adrienne."

"Hey Dad." I sighed needing to just get it off my chest. "I'm going to defer from UCLA."

"WHAT! You'll do no such thing! That's your whole future." he shouted making me jump.

Drew squeezed my hand letting me know it was all okay. "No Dad! I want to be happy and I can't do that if I'm just trying to please you." I said.

"Is this because of that boy I've been seeing you with on the internet?" he asked sternly.

"No it doesn't. I want to travel and have fun. I don't want to be a nurse or a doctor at all." I sighed. "I never have. I just wanted you to be proud of me."

"Adrienne I'll always be proud of you honey. If this is really what you want then fine, but I don't want you to be unhappy." he sighed sounding defeated.

"Thank you for understanding." I said.

"I'll break it to your mother I suppose." He said.

"Alright." I told him.

"When will you be coming home?" he asked.

Drew looked at me overhearing that, and shook his head no. "I um, think I wanna stay here awhile." I smiled.