13.

Adrienne's POV

"Drew asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday!" I shouted to my best friend Mariah on the phone.

"What'd you say?" she asked.

"I said yes, I might be lame sometimes but I'm not stupid." I laughed.

"Well I'm happy for you then." she chuckled. "Is he a good kisser?"

"Mariah!" I laughed again.

"What I'm curious?" she said.

There was a knock on the door followed by Drew walking in holding a single white rose. "I gotta go." I mumbled staring at Drew.

"Dude!" Mariah demanded.

"He is." I said hanging up.

Drew smiled and handed me the flower as I stood up. "Were you talking about me?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I was talking to my friend Mariah."

"And what am I?" he asked.

"Hmm?" I asked smelling my rose.

"You said 'he is.' so what am I?" he asked.

I blushed and looked at my feet. "A good kisser." I mumbled.

He chuckled an pulled me to him by the belt loops on my shorts. "We've only kissed once." he said.

I giggled and looked up at him. "Well it was a good one."

He smiled and started to bow his head to meet me half way, but the door opened and closed and he stepped away from me just as Wes and Keaton came in. "Hey guys!" Drew said greeting them.

Keaton smiled and Wes rolled his eyes. "How was it?" I asked hiding the rose behind me.

"It was fun." Keaton said setting the rest of his stuff down. "What'd you do while we were gone?"

I glanced at Drew and shrugged. "Not much. We went to the beach."

Drew nodded in agreement. "It was pretty boring."

Drew's POV

Adrienne thinks she can't be a good girlfriend, so I'm going to be the best boyfriend she'll ever have. After Wes and Keaton came home I could only take Wes's death looks for so long so I headed home. Adrienne said she'd text me later. As I was leaving I notice something odd.

There was a guy in a black hoodie near the front doors of the apartment complex. He was very out of place. It's like ninety degrees and he's dressed like that. He's about to have a heat stroke. Not to mention he looks like a unibomber.

He looked up at me and I recognized his face. It was that Arron guy! "Why are you here? I asked approaching him.

"Adrienne told me to come by." he shrugged.

"Dressed like a robber?" I asked.

"Dude just beat it okay. This is between me and her. It doesn't concern you." He told me.

"Actually it does concern me. She's my girlfriend." I snapped.

"How long do you think that's gonna last? Huh? Her daddy will find out and he'll have you outta the picture in no time. That's how it works man. She's not worth it." he laughed coldly.

I shook my head. "You're wrong Arron. She's more that worth it."

I turned and walked away. I wonder why Adrienne would ask him to meet her? And why wouldn't she mention it to me? Unless, she's giving him the money he wanted! I looked back over my shoulder and saw Arron walking toward the elevator. I found a smile on my lips hoping Wes kicks his ass when he gets upstairs.