Some Hero You Are!

© 2014 by Myah Warren. All rights reserved.

I ran into my house with blurry vision.

"Mom?" I called hoping she was home. Silence filled the house as I waited for someone to answer. I got nothing of course she wasn't here she is never here when I need her the most.

I crawled into my bed and under the covers and cried my eyes out. My phone rang over 10 times I turned it off. I didn't want to be bothered. Noone understood what I was going through. I can only imagine whats going to happen at school Monday.

I finally gathered myself and ran to the bathroom to throw some water on my face. I opened the bathroom door startled by the figure sitting on my bed.

"Ryan what the hell? I nearly shit my pants!" He chuckled softly which turned into a stern look quickly.

"Whats going on with you? You don't answer my calls or texts!" I stood there speechless. All I could do was replay the face Lydia made in my head. I felt so cold.

I ran to Ryan in his arms and he rocked me rubbing my hair. He got the big grocery bag full of items to cheer me up. He had my favorite ice cream vanilla and orange swirl. I smiled and wiped the tears from my chubby cheeks.

He laid back and I laid in his arms silently. He kept asking me what was wrong, but I just couldn't tell him. What if he took it the wrong way like Lydia did?

I decided to take a chance since I have been taking chances all day.

"Ryan I kissed Lydia today because I am in love with her." He sat up and stared at me for a little while and then laughed as if I was joking. I guess somewhere along the line he realized I wasn't laughing.

"You can't be serious Linds? What about Dylan?"he asked shockingly

"That was nothing. I thought that if I pretended to love him I could get over Lydia." I said sounding regretful.

"Bullshit! Your not a fucking lesbo!" His voice was getting louder within every second. I started to get scared.What happened to the Ryan from before? Hello? Come back nice Ryan!

"Ryan I don't need this right now I'm gonna ask you to leave because I don't wanna go through this." I said patiently rubbing my hands over my face.

He stared at me trying to read me, but failed.

"But I...Dammit Linds!" He started but never finished I wanted to know whats going on. He turned and left before I could investigate.

I layed across my bed taking in today's turn of events and fell asleep.