Chapter-3 Someone Had to Go

Anchovy and Yukari looked at each other in despair. Both knowing that one of them had to die. The girls watched them in their final moments, all worried. Miho and Maho were on their way, travelling at full speed.
"Hmm, which one boys?!" The high ranking man asked aloud.
He held his weapon, which was a totokia, built with a weighted spike at the tip in order to pierce the skull.
Pepperoni walked into the hall just now seeing the situation.
"Carpaccio, what's happening?!" Desperately asking Carpaccio.
"One of them has to die... Commander or Yukari." She said sullenly.
"What is this? Some kind of sick joke? Who are they?!"
Maho's voice spoke through the radio by radio.
"I studied them, they're an ancient enemy who fought mankind for centuries." Maho's voice spoke.
Everyone turned to listen.
"They are known as The Scorchers. They are reckless, merciless and are very intelligent. They are best known for their pyrokinesis abilities."
"What do you mean 'pyrokinesis'?" asked Pepperoni.
"They can manipulate and use fire. They're immune to it, in fact, fire heals them and makes them stronger." Maho told them.
That explained why the whole city was on fire. These Scorchers are very ruthless, they use whatever they can get their hands on. Especially tanks.

"Any ideas boys? No? Guess I'll do it." The strange man looked around and noticed something.  "Hold on. I haven't even introduced myself!" He said as he slapped the weapon onto his hand.
"I'm Ruster! The leader of this pack." He said grinning at the girls.
"I need you to understand who you're up against. You can't just run away, just accept your fate." Ruster said as he swung his totokia in the air.

"Miho hurry! He's getting ready!" Said Anzu through the radio. Her voice quivering with dread.
"We are entering the town, but we don't know where they are." She said while sitting out of the cupola.

"It's nice fighting enemies that can take a hit, how did you not liquify when we shot you?" Ruster asked the girls.
They didn't respond due to fear.
"Someone answer or your both gonna get it!"
"Carbon nanotubes!" Yukari paused." It's coated on the inside."
He looked down at her, he smiled.
"Well ain't that something." He said as he squatted down next to Yukari.
"Look at me," Ruster demanded
Yukari slowly looked at his scarred and charred face. His eyes seemed to glow, but dimly.
"You got some nice gloves and that outfit looks good on you. I like you." Ruster complimented her while giving a cool point.
He got up.

"You're about 5 blocks away! Straight ahead!" Anzu gave Miho the directions.
Miho looked ahead.
Shit! The damn tree has to slow us down. Miho thought to herself.
"Anzu we're blocked off! We'll circle around." Miho yelled.

"And you," Ruster stood in front of Anchovy. "Well let me see, sit up." He commanded.
Anchovy looked at him disgusted with her glaring eyes.
He watched her silently.
Everyone was waiting for his next move.
"And you, I just don't like you!" Ruster yelled as he swung the totokia towards Anchovy's head.
He hit her with the blunt end.
She fell to the ground.
Everyone gasped.
"Oh your not done yet. Get up!!" He said as one of his men lifted her up.
"Boss, don't you think we should have fun with them before you kill them?" One of Ruster's men asked.
"Sure, once she's dead."
Ruster slammed the stick down onto the top of her head.
A loud thud could be heard.
Anchovy fell forward limp, but she didn't die, as she slowly got up.
As she got up her wounds were revealed.
All the girls back at base were watching in horror, including Yukari.
The top and side of Anchovy's head was heavily damaged and bleeding profusely. Cuts tore through her skin.
Anchovy painfully looked at the camera, "Mi-ho, please... Help-p u-us. " Anchovy could barely speak.
Ruster yelled as he threw the weapon down onto her head again.
The sound made the girls shiver. They watched helplessly as their friend was being killed.
He hit her head again, and again. The camera was now on Anchovy having her head bashed in.
He stopped.
They all watched her.
Suddenly a small weak whimper came out of Anchovy.
She was still alive, and now was crying in immense pain.
"Holy shit! You're still going?" Ruster laughed.
"This is the first time someone actually made it alive! I am impressed."
Back at the hall Pepperoni and Carpaccio were horrified.
"Big Sis! Please...no." Pepperoni trembled.
Carpaccio just watched with her jaw wide open.
"Anzu, state the situation! Anzu?" Miho asked through the radio, Miho could hear Anzu begin crying.
Oh, no.

Ruster looked down onto Anchovy. For once he felt...sorrow and guilt.
Yukari got up and quickly crawled to Anchovy.
"Hang in there Chovy-Chan." Yukari held her. "Please don't go, please don't go..." Yukari held her tightly in her arms.
Anchovy opened her bruised eyes and shook her head. "I don't want to die." She whispered.
"You know I was gonna let her live. But you had to get in my way. Pull her off!" Ruster commanded one of his soldiers.
Yukari yelled while being dragged off Anchovy. "NO!" Yukari yelled as she reached for her.
"You tough little bitch!" Ruster yelled as he whipped the totokia down onto her head.
The girls screamed.
His swing was a bad angle and instead it drilled straight into her eye.
Anchovy screamed in pain. Her screams of agony made Yukari's blood curdle.
Ruster had to pull the pointed end out of her eye socket. Anchovy reached for her eye.
Ruster watched.
Anchovy opened her last eye and reached upwards to Ruster, a final plead.
He slapped her hand out of the way and slammed the totokia down onto her face.
There was an audible crack.
Blood splattered on to Yukari.
Anchovy was dead. The weapon lodged deep in her face.
"Oh, I'm not done there!" He yelled as he hit her again.
Ruster kept on bashing her face.
He impacted Anchovy's head so hard that some of her brains squirted out through a hole in her skull. Blood was splashing everywhere.
Yukari almost threw up when she heard the hit that collapsed Anchovy's skull.
Yukari flinched with every hit.
The hits started as loud cracks but turned into audible sludging sounds as her skull broke and brains exposed.
Yukari took a glimpse.
Anchovy's head was half smashed in and destroyed.
She was able to make out a piece of her nose and eyebrow.
Some of the younger students felt nauseous and some even threw up.
Hit after hit Anchovy's head became more and more flattened and pushed into the ground.
Anchovy's pigtails were still intact laying beside her bashed apart head.
"Hey somebody keep these. Trophies of this pretty sight." Ruster said as he grabbed her pigtails, skin and pieces of flesh still tugged on them. He ripped them off and threw one to a soldier and the other to Yukari.
Ruster looked at Yukari, "Hey cheer up, at least she's not suffering anymore." He smiled, but Yukari didn't take notice.
"Fine." He said,
He took his totokia and hit Anchovy's head like a golf club.  Blood, brains and bone matter launched and splattered onto Yukari's face.
Yukari was clearly traumatized.
"Well, we're done here. C'mon boys pack up!" Ruster yelled, pieces of Anchovy's skin and flesh were still attached on his totokia. He shook it off and continued his packing.
"Hey cute one, make sure to tell everyone about this. And goodbye everyone!" He said grinning at the camera which was still streaming to Miho's phone.
"We're out of ammo so well be back in a couple days. See ya, everyone!" Ruster said with evil intentions ahead.
The group of Scorchers left the scene leaving Yukari and Anchovy, or what was left of her.
Yukari heard a tank roll up. She looked, it was Miho's Panzer IV.
Miho stopped and jumped out of the hatch and realized she was far too late.  She could see Anchovy's smashed head.
Her and Maho walked to them. Maho picked up Yukari, while Miho stepped towards Anchovy's corpse.
Miho was horrified to find that her body was still twitching. She looked closer, she could make out Anchovy's jaw bone, eyeball, and hair which was tainted with blood. "C'mon sister, we have to prepare," Maho told Miho.

Author's note: See told you it would be gory. It's probably obvious but this is inspired by a scene in a TV show, hint( it has zombies.) So yeah it's 3:08 in the morning but its cool

Post Edit: I just realized that I misspelled Yukari's name, I went back to fix some stuff. I feel like and idiot.