Chapter-7 This Is No Place To Die

Miho slowly opened her eyes. She looked around,
What's happening? Why am I laying on the grass? Who's touching me?
She tried to get up but a hand rested on her forehead, she heard a voice,
"Just rest for now." It was Yukari. "I'm not gonna let one of my friends die again."
Hana ran up with some cookies and water. "Oh good your awake Miss Nishizumi. Would you like some food? Or water?" Hana offered Miho who was tired and still confused.
"Yes, I'm kind of thirsty," Miho said.
Hana quickly gave her a bottle of water.
Miho drank and asked,"What happened?"
"Oh, you passed out due to blood loss Miss Nishizumi. But we stopped for you." Answered Yakuri.
"What about the plan?" Asked Miho who was worrying about the safety of her friends and family.
"Oh don't worry Miho, Katyusha took command for you." Said Yukari who was adding another blood bag to Miho's supply.
"I want to speak with Maho," Miho asked.
"Oh, of course, Miss Nishizumi. Let's ask Saori." Hana said while getting Saori to tune into Maho's signal.
Hana passed Miho's throat radio to her.

"Sister are you there?!" Miho said into her radio.
"Yes, Miho I'm here. State your status."
"I'm fine thanks to my friends," Miho said smiling to Hana and Yakuri.
Miho decided to check on Katyusha.
"Commander Katyusha what's happening." Asked Miho.
The radio chimed in, a loud ding was heard.
"Yes the greatest commander is here, we're under fire right now." Another ding was heard.
"Any casualties?"
"Two Chi-Ha's have been knocked out. But they're safe." Responded Katyusha who was obviously under a lot of stress.
"Ok, once I have recovered we will regroup as one to sandwich them."
"Am I good girls?" Asked Miho lightly feeling her shoulder, it was wrapped in bandages.
"Yoy should be ok to command the tank. Just take it easy." Said Yukari who was packing up the first aid kit.
Miho slowly stood up, her shoulder ached with pain.
"Alright girls, let's go!" She commanded before climbing and hopping into their Panzer IV Ausf.H.
They got ready for battle. They could feel the air and Earth rumble as they drove closer to the battlefield. The Scorcher airship was severely damaged, part of the frontal section had ripped off causing it to sink to the ground. The Graf Zeppelin had suffered damage aswell, it had many holes and tears in its canvas skin.

    The five had arrived at the war zone. Multiple destroyed Scorcher tanks were visible. The teams seemed balanced now, the same number of Scorchers and students fought it out.
Suddenly a Tetrarch tank popped up in front of them.
"Hana fire!"
Hana shot but missed the little tank.
It circled around behind them. It fired but again no damage. Then another tank rolled up, a Panzer III. They had two tanks shooting at them. Unfortunately, another tank appeared and began firing at them, it was a British Medium 2.
The shells hitting multiple times every second.
Suddenly a shell managed to pierce them and entered the crew compartment, it bounced around the inside. It was heard finally hitting the metal floor and resting there.
"Mako let's get to our friends!" Said Miho.
Mako got out of there at full speed, trying to dodge shells and bullets. They had managed to outrun the slow Scorchers but they were still right behind them.
Katyusha and Nonna's T-34/85 tanks were seen ahead.
"Miss Katyusha we need help!" Called Miho.
She watched Nonna's tank aim right at them, and fire.
The shell flew by and hit a Scorcher causing it to explode.
They were in friendly territory now.

The remaining tanks grouped up and continued with the plan. Miho's crew didn't feel comfortable with that small shell hole in the right side of their crew compartment.
They were in one big column guarded by the medium tanks on the sides.
Rosehip and Mika were leading of course.
"Sister, we need support fast! There making an assault straight into us!" Maho yelled safely protected by the Maus's thick armour.
"They're running straight into our shots!" Maho watched through the viewports.
"It's like the German Spring Offensive of 1918," Erwin said.
"Exactly!" Responded Caesar who was loading their Stug III.
Miho's group had made it through the port remains, they saw at least 50 Scorcher tanks charging at Maho's group.
"Everyone attack!" Yelled Miho, everyone began firing at the Hellish beasts.
One by one the Scorcher tanks were knocked out. But there was a Panzer IV they just couldn't hit. It had the same dark red paint job but barbed wire protected it as well as spikes and rusting pipes with scrap metal. Yukari recognised it from somewhere, but couldn't quite make it out.
Miho's radio was intercepted, buzzing and static were heard until they could faintly hear a voice trying to talk.
Suddenly it cleared out and a man's voice was heard.
"Hello? Oh, finally this piece of junk works. Hey, hey cute one are you in there?" It was Ruster, the Scorcher leader who bashed in Anchovy's head in front of everyone.
Yukari's heart started to beat quickly.
"Who is this?! We have you surrounded!" Yelled Miho, who knew Yakuri was scared of him.
"Oh, it's your old pal Ruster. Ya know? The leader of this group?" He smiled.
It was only his tank left. "Im the one how knocked some sense into that Anchovy chick, actually I think theres still a piece of her on my boot!" He grinned knowing they were still traumatized about it.
"Give us a good reason to not end you right here?" Miho said very seriously.
He popped his head out if his turret.
"Well, you're all gonna die if you do,"
Miho looked at him disgusted.
"What do you mean? We destroyed all of your tanks, disabled your Airship and have you pinned down." Miho actually found it kinda amusing.
Ruster smirked to himself, he was seen shooting something into the sky, it looked like a flare or something.
"Because we're not the only Scorchers out there. We were only one collection. I called more of my kind in, they'll be here in about 60 seconds." He laughed to himself...until a great rumble was felt.
The Earth and its life seemed to shiver with dread.
"Miho, dust on the horizon. " Maho said looking to the west.
Dust was seen rising into the air, it got closer and closer.
"Miss Nishizumi, maybe we shouldn't stay here." Said Katyusha who was nervous.
Soon a steady rumbling noise was quietly heard, they new something was coming.
Ruster used this opportunity to escape.
Ruster lifted his hand into the air which caused a massive fireball exploded around his tank, concealing it. A shell was seen zooming out of the smoke which hit an Anzio L3 tankette. It pretty much liquified the crew.
Ruster's tank raced out of there dodging shells and explosions.
He was heard laughing maniacally on Miho's radio as he rode into the distance.
"Let's hope you don't get a Queen involved!" He said before cutting off communication.
"All groups, retreat back to the far side port, we'll call the supercarrier to pick us up!" Miho commanded.
Rosehip was obviously the first to go, she quickly drove her Crusader Mk.III to the inner portyard.
"Commander Miho, I'll scout ahead," Rosehip said as she dusted them.
All the remaining operational tanks began moving out. Eager to get away from the unknown threat.
They were now hidden behind a large hilly area, one way leading to the inner port and the other to the previous battleground.
Rosehip looked out the viewports, she cautiously rode through the streets, they were moving into urban combat.
"Miho, the coast is clear- wait,". Rosehip saw smoke coming out of a bush ahead down the street.
She squinted her eyes, but realized she was too slow.
It was a UE-57 parked in a bush aiming right at them.
The small but deadly tank fired its cannon at Rosehip.
Rosehip's eyes widened as the glowing shell raced towards them...

Authors note: Sorry this took awhile to come out. I've been busy and I'm kinda stumped on where it should go.
If you'd like to recommend an idea or death just ask, cause im confused,
And more deaths should happen next chapter or the one after that . I know there's some stuff left unresolved but ill try fix em later. And I kinda regret killing off Anchovy, cause she's my fav and she could've came in useful.