Chapter-5 Artillery!

Miho looked up and watched the shells zoom closer.
"Sister, brace for impact!!!" Miho yelled before jumping into Maho and wrapping her arms around her.
The artillery shell screamed as it approached the Earth and then collided causing the ground to tremble. A deep massive boom was heard followed by the screeching of shrapnel ripping by. The shell hit the ground underneath the porch they were standing on, making them fly into the air.
Miho hit her head and fell unconscious.
Maho endured the explosion and tried to help Miho but saw the chaos with rest of the girls. She placed a large wooden piece on top of her to keep her sheltered.
Small piles of bodies surrounded each crater, with many running for cover or help.
"Get in your tanks!!! You will be sheltered there!!!" Maho yelled while pointing to the armoured vehicles.
Shells were still falling.
Miho woke up, she couldn't see her sister or her friends or anything actually. She lifted the piece off and looked around seeing fire and destruction once again.
"Maho! Maho where are you?! Hana! Saori? Anybody!" Miho began panicking.
She watched the front of the hall right before the doors burst open revealing many more students running out.
She got up and ran into the hall. The place caught fire, and some areas were collapsing.
Someone was banging on one of the office doors. It was Moyoko trying to break the glass. As soon as she saw Miho she begged for help.
"Miho please help Nozomi!" She pulled Miho over to the blocked door. A wooden beam was keeping it from opening, Miho could see Nozomi in the smoky room through the window.
She was heavily coughing and the fire started to leak in. The two tried to pry the door open but it wouldn't budge.
Nozomi coughed until she leaned against the wall and slumped to the floor. There was too much smoke. They couldn't save her.
"Moyoko we have to go! She's already gone." Miho yelled but Moyoko didn't respond and kept clawing at the door.
Miho left her there.
She ran to the other exit and rushed outside, the smoke and fire turned the air and sky orange. There was a pause in the shelling.
She saw some of her friends. She sprinted to them.
It was Hana, Saori and Yukari. They all came up to hug Miho.
They all realized something. Where was Mako?
"Miho, have you seen Mako?!" Asked Hana.
Miho shook her head.
"I last saw Mako in her room last night!" Said Saori.
Suddenly the air began to rumble. It was another barrage.
"Get down!"
The shells were concentrated onto the hall. Round after round the shells exploded, furthering its destruction.
"Mako's in there!" Saori yelled while running to the hall to try and save her.
"Saori no!"
A shell hit very closely, making Saori and the other girls go launching back. Pieces of debris fell around them.
Saori flew back 6 feet and rolled on impact. She looked at the building, it was completely destroyed and burning.
"Mako!" She fell to her knees and watched everything burn.
Miho turned around, tears welling in her eyes. She slowly walked to their Panzer IV with shells and shrapnel still whizzing by.
Saori was walking beside her crying into her hands.
That was until Hana noticed a hatch popped open on their tank, a head poked up looking around cautiously.
"Umm Miho? "Hana said reaching back to pat Miho's shoulder.
Miho looked ahead and they all knew who was sitting in the driver's seat.
"Mako!!!" Saori yelled while running and practically hopping into Mako's hatch hugging her deeply.
"Hey a bit too tight," Mako said quietly.
"You scared me, you scared us! Where did you go?!" Saori demanded answers.
Mako looked around at the burning building.
"I couldn't sleep that night. So i slept in here." Mako said yawning.
"Maybe you girls should get in first before we chat?" Mako said hearing the shrapnel ding against the tank.
The rest of the girls hopped into their Panzer IV, quickly locking the hatches and starting up the tank.
They all felt safe in their carbon nanotube coated tank.
Miho thought,
We're safe. Surely no shells can penetrate us... Right?
Miho peaked through the viewports getting a view of everything. The shells have stopped.
Where did all the other tanks go?
They all thought, that was until Saori turned on the radio.
The radio buzzed on. A distressed voice spoke through the static.
"All tanks, all tanks, we have encountered enemies!" It was Alisa from Saunders.
Another voice was heard.
"Yes, our recon group was ambushed. Kay's tank was hit!" It sounded like Naomi and it was the first time the girls heard her scared.
"Maho report your status!" Miho yelled into her radio, but realized it wasn't around her neck.
Naomi was heard yelling something about being immobilized.
"Naomi's hit!" Alisa watched Naomi's tank erupt flames from the commander's hatch and go at least 15 feet into the air.
"They're shooting at us!!!" Alisa yelled.
"Its all over!!!" Yelled Alisa before the signal cut out.
Oh no. We're losing too many.
"They took out our Firefly." Sighed Yukari.
Miho thought before hopping out to grab her radio.
She picked it up and turned it on immediately.
"Maho, Maho talk to me." She spoke.
There was a silence.
"Yes, I'm here sister! Where are you?" Maho Nishizumi tuned in.
Miho was relieved she was still alive.
"Miho I'm taking the rest of the girls to the heavy tanks by the port with our half-tracks. They can get their assigned tanks there." Maho spoke while driving a half-track truck.
The girls who operated heavier tanks were getting dropped off.
"Miho, I'm pulling out the Maus," Maho said pulling over to drop some people off.
"Miho get out of there! They're closing in on your location! From the west!"
Miho looked around and saw engine smoke over the hill nearby.
"Scorchers?!" Miho asked looking out for them.
"Yes, from what we can see there's only light tanks." Maho said.
"Swing the turret around Hana. Load AT Yukari. " Miho commanded.
Suddenly a T-26 rolled over the hill.
"Hana fire at will!"
Hana pulled the trigger and it struck the turret. Smoke billowed out if the T-26's hatch.
Then a T7 combat car and a Semovente 75/18 pulled over and aimed at them.
"Mako! Get us out of here.!" Yelled Miho while they barely dodged the rounds.
They were being chased by enemy panzers, even though they were going much faster the enemy still managed to find them.
How do they know exactly what we're doing?
Miho thought before noticing a shadow loom over them.
She looked up.
A massive airship was hovering in the sky. Except it wasn't Maho's, it was a Scorcher zeppelin. All the girls witnessed the massive airship firing down onto friendly tanks.
Then they watched the rounds stop, and then fire towards them.

Authors note: It's way too late. I think ill fix it up later. And if you'd like a character featured or killed or something just comment. And thanks for the support.