Chapter-12 Well, This is It Part 1

Nonna held the candle, which was her only light source, tightly in her hands. The small flame shimmered in the cold dark cell, though it wasnt enough to even light half the room.
Thoughts and emotions rushed through her head.
She dearly worried for Katyusha, was she still alive? Was she still suffering?
So many dreadful thoughts filled her mind.
All she could do was wait and pray that Katyusha was ok.
Suddenly the cell door burst open, releasing a wave of bright light to flood in, blinding Nonna.
It was a Scorcher, and he came with a message.
"Hey, you still in there?" Nonna could barely make out that he was carrying something.
The Scorcher continued, "Boss wanted you to have these,". The soldier dropped the item, or items.
"We'll be back. Oh, and there's a surprise in there." Is all he said before he shut the heavy reinforced door.

Darkness filled the room yet again.
Nonna hesitantly crawled through the dark and blindly reached for the item.
It was a sack, it had some items in it.
A care package from the Scorchers.
Nonna used her last match to reignite her candle. The tiny flame grew enough so Nonna could see the bag. She reached inside and pulled out the items. The first item was matches for her candle, then a note reading, 'Like our surprise???'. She hadn't quite made it there yet.
Nonna was paranoid on what the last items could be, so she used her light to see before she reached.
They could've booby-trapped it for all Nonna knew.
She propped the sack up and dropped the contents.
There was a larger object that she was hesitant to touch.
She gathered her courage and inched closer to the mystery items.
The light revealed the items.
A food ration, a tin of sweets, and...
She dropped her candle and screamed in shock after realizing what the last item was.
Nonna was horrified to see Katyusha's bloody decapitated head lying there among the other objects.
The candle blew out as she crawled back in terror.

Guess it was a surprise.

The Jagdpanther exploded.
Miho and her friends sprang up into action, now was their chance to escape.
Miho used her pistol to shoot the guards that tried to stop them.
She was able to kill two guards, but the other pinned her down.
The soldier was about to shoot her, but Yukari wasn't gonna let that happen.
Yukari fired a few rounds into the Scorcher, killing him.
She was stunned to kill someone directly, but he was going to hurt the person she loved.
Yukari, Miho and Mako carried the injured Hana to their tank, dodging bullets and shrapnel.
"Everybody in!" Yelled Miho.

Almost every student ran to the safety of their tanks, quickly assigning crew members.
Meanwhile the Scorcher tanks were exploding left and right due to the Scorchers completely filling them with ammunition of all sorts.
This made them like overfilled balloons ready to burst.
Soon there was a decently sized team of school girls, all armed with their tanks, or the ones that were the nearest to the survivors.

"Sister! Where are you?" Yelled Miho through her throat radio.
"Behind you!"
Maho had made it to her Maus, she was acting as a shield against the Scorcher's fire.
Along with the smoke and fire, the girls made an easy escape.
The girls knocked out a few operational Scorcher tanks before they escaped.

"AFTER THEM!!!"
The Scorcher leader was furious, huge clouds of smoke and fire rose into the air, the sky was now an apocalyptic orange.
"Sir! They destroyed our current tanks!" Rad had contacted Ruster through his backpack radio.
The warlord sighed, facepalming he replied, "Full retreat then, we'll regroup at our ammo centre and use the back-ups. Besides we got a treat for them."
Ruster watched the tanks of fleeing schoolgirls roll away, he was clearly beat. Almost every Scorcher tank was destroyed, but not all. The Scorchers still had back up vehicles, Ruster's Panzer IV was fine, as well as their SU-152 and last resort.
Ruster looked over his shoulder to his rear.
The Freshman team looked up to the murderer, getting a clear view of the Scorcher emblem on the back his leather jacket.
He turned around, totokia in hand.
The girls shivered in fear.
Ruster's menacing shadow loomed over the helpless girls, he was gonna make Ooari pay...