Chapter-12 Well, This Is It Part 4

Maho smiled back at Miho, embracing the moment, but it didn't last for long. Maho sensed something was coming.
She looked into the sky and saw a group of flying objects.
"Sister, we have incoming."
Up way above them were a group of Scorcher dive bombers and fighters, the girls had noticed that the aircraft were very quiet.
"Ok, let's get back into the fray," Maho said while beginning to crawl onto the tank.
Miho looked back and stopped her.
"Wait, Maho!"
Maho turned around surprised to see Miho running up to her.
"Sis what is it-"
She had been stopped.
Miho jamp into her, giving her a great and deep hug.
It caught her off guard, but she embraced her sister back.
Soon she broke the hug, "We should probably move..."
Miho looked up, seeing the bombers approach.
"Yeah your right, good luck."

Maho looked up before closing her hatch, she saw the lead Scorcher plane flash brightly, immediately afterwards the noise came back, now the wailing of the Jericho Trumpets was obvious and intimidating.
"Maho, Nekota, we'll retreat back near the hill, there we can use your Maus as cover and discuss a strategy."
Maho observed through the top viewports, "Understood, Nekota, you lead the way."
"Roger Miss Maho. Momoga, all forward nyaa!" Nekota said feeling confident to be back in the fight.

A shower of bullets rushed down onto the tanks, the hits of the metal sounding like metallic rainfall on a tin roof, raindrops of death.
The two sisters were unphased by the loud roar of the Jericho Trumpets. The first encounter is always the scariest.
The bombs whistled down to the ground, landing near the Maus, though the explosions did nothing to the tankery vehicles.
Their tanks coated with carbon nanotubes on the walls of the vehicles. Which made them nearly invincible to the pre World War 2 Scorcher tanks.
"Yukari, what's Hana's condition?" Miho said as a bomb blew up right beside them.
The explosion shook the tank and its members inside, Yukari noticed Hana clenching her sides. Hana needed medical help, but they used their first-aid kit.
After a quick inspection of Hana's health, Yukari crawled up to Miho.
Yukari looked sullenly at her.
"I-I don't think she's gonna make it..."
Miho looked down at Hana, watching her struggle to stay focused in the gunner seat. Though Miho didn't want to believe it, she had to agree.
Another bomb exploded near them.
They drove a few yards before the girls could here Hana in pain, the sucking of air through Hana's teeth was when Miho gave in.
Hana sat still and in pain, it hurt every time she took a breath, trying to concentrate with broken ribs is almost impossible.
"Yukari, give her the shot, she needs it."
The brave loader digged through the med kit, in it was a bottle of clear fluid. It was to be used in combat, complete with its own needle and dosage.
"Hana, your gonna feel a slight pain."
Yukari said as she prepared a spot on Hana's arm for the injection.
The distressed girl looked for a quick second and realized what the liquid was.
"M-morphine?" Hana watched as Yukari injected the drug into her arm.
"B-but isn't that a little much... n-nevermind."
As the morphine entered her bloodstream it only took a few short seconds for Hana to feel it kick in.
Miho nodded to Yukari.
They watched curiously as Hana laid back and seemed relaxed. The morphine was definitely doing its job.
Mako looked back, seeing Hana in a euphoric trance. And soon locked her eyes back onto the road ahead.

The Ju-87 Stuka dive bombers came back for another run.
Their bombs having little effect on the heavily armoured tanks.
But one of the Scorcher pilots got a lucky hit...

Miho noticed the bombs and decided it wasn't safe standing out of her cupola.
Better get down.
Suddenly one of the Stuka's bombs made a direct impact with the Panzer IV, it blew off a few Schürzen panels and small pieces of metal flew in every direction.
Miho watched as everything went black... and silent....
"We've been hit!" Yukari screamed.
Maho immediately popped out of her Maus and waited for someone to pop up out of the turret.
"Sister!!"