{4}

A few weeks later...

"Dinah," Shawn called over to the Polynesian from afar. "Can I ask you something?"

A part of her wanted to lash out at him, and tell him to kindly fuck off. But Dinah decided to be civil, and so she answered her ex as if she didn't want to ball her eyes out right then and there from the pressure.

"Yeah sure, what is it?" she replied.

Shawn seemed to sigh in relief since he probably expected a fight to break out, and of course Dinah didn't blame him. She was scared of herself sometimes too.

"Well," the boy continued. "I need your advice. You live with Camila, and I thought I should go to you. It would be kinda weird for me to ask her mom, or even Sofi, y'know?"

Dinah nodded, her eyes urging him to keep going.

"So," Shawn began to say once more, "I want to ask Camila out, as like a girlfriend-boyfriend thing, and I was wondering if by any chance you knew what kind of flowers she likes?"

The nerve of fucking Shawn Mendes, man. Dinah tried hard to contain her emotions.

It wasn't just the fact that Shawn was asking her, his ex, of all people. Something about him wanting to be with Camila ticked her off.

Would Camila say yes?

Dinah turned away from Shawn, and began to walk away without any other thoughts.

"We're talking Camila here, she'll like anything you get her as long as she feels its from the heart." she answered.

Curse you, Karla.

Dinah wasn't going to let herself get caught up in these feelings anymore. It was about time she moved on again, and about time she let go of this stupid town.

There was nothing left for her anyway. Especially if Shawn hooked up with Mila.

She was going to run away again. But not just to another side of town.

She was going to run far away from here. To another state, if possible.

~

That night, Dinah packed herself a small bag. She didn't need a lot, anyway. She threw in some food, clothes, her phone, earbuds, a charger for her phone, some identification, and a wad of cash that she had been saving for while.

Before leaving Dinah took one last glance at Camila, who had been sleeping soundly in the bed beside her.

The Polynesian got a sudden urge, and tip toed over to the sleeping girl's bed. She leaned down to place a quick kiss on the Cuban-Mexican's forehead. "Thank you for everything." she whispered.

She then grabbed a sticky note, and quickly scribbled something on it. On her way out of the room, Dinah stuck it on the headrest of her bed.

With that, Dinah hurried downstairs and out the door, ready to take on the world yet again.

For a split second, though, she doubted herself. She wanted to be back in bed, sleeping near Camila. She wanted to be cooking in the kitchen with Sinu. She wanted to drop everything and play dolls with Sofi for the millionth time in the span of three weeks.

But she doubted her heart even more than her conscience, and kept going.

Things are better this way. She decided. They all deserve much better than a girl who's too selfish to think about others for a change..