{11}

(A/N: thought I'd publish two chapters two days in a row. Just so y'all know, shits actually about to go down in the next 4-5 chapters. Stuff is going to lead into more stuff, so just be ready. I'm bumping this fic up to 20 chapters, and if I feel it needs more, 25 will be the max. 😂 so enjoy crying your eyes out, we got a long way to go.

OH AND I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION, I need you all to tell me if you want Normally or Laurmani in this fic. Thanks 😂)

"What the hell does that even mean?" Dinah asked. She was beyond confused at that point. "Karla told me that the cancer was coming back!"

The nurse shook her head. "She could've possibly told you that to give you a valid reason for what's really going on."

"And what might that be?"

"We've found that our patient here has been starving and cutting herself. But this has only happened in the past week before she arrived here, they were fresh cuts."

"The damage here is self inflicted."

The room fell to an eerie silence for only a moment.

"Why would Kaki do that?" Sofi whispered to Sinu.

Dinah clenched her fists. "Why would she lie about that? Why wasn't I a good enough girlfriend to notice what was happening?"

The nurse sighed. "I'm afraid these things usually happen behind the scenes. You shouldn't blame yourself too-"

"I saw them." Dinah interrupted. "I saw some the cuts. But she played them off as 'scratches she got in gym class' and my stupid ass believed her. How the fuck do you even get scratched in gym? This is my fucking fau-"

"Dinah." Sinu put her hands on the Polynesian's shoulders. "We're all to blame here, but we can't worry about past mistakes. What matters now is how we can help my mija."

Dinah stared at her with wide eyes. She then nodded slightly.

All of a sudden, the door of Camila's room bursted open, and in game Lauren, Normani, and Ally.

"We came as FAST as we could!" Ally explained, panting.

"Is Mila okay?" Normani added, trying to hold back a yelling Ally.

"SHE BETTER NOT BE DEAD ALREADY!" Ally said.

Lauren looked at Dinah questionably. As if she had expected the taller girl to remember something.

"Guys, do you think I could have a minute alone with Camila?" Dinah mumbled. "I know you wanna see her but-"

"We gotchu Dinah," Normani smiled at her. "She means a lot to you. It's only fair you get to see her in case...yeah."

"Positive thinking, Mani." Lauren reminded her.

The nurse allowed Dinah to have a minute or two with Camila, and escorted everyone else outside of the room.

Once the door was closed, Dinah knelt beside Camila's bed, resting the guitar in her hands.

She almost immediately noticed the cuts that lay almost behind the smaller girl's shoulders.

"I can't believe this at all, Karla." Dinah bit her tongue, trying to hold back tears. "If you would've just let me help you, maybe this wouldn't have happened."

"If you would've just talked to me."

She positioned the guitar once again, and placed her hands on it.

Getting comfy, she played a few practice chords to make sure she was warmed up enough.

And then, she began singing.