{21}

"So Dinah's gone, and Lauren is taking the day off from school." Ally sighed. "This is just great."

"Dinah isn't gone," Normani insisted. Giving Ally a look to signify that Camila was standing right there. "She'll be back when she can, don't worry about it."

Camila seemed unbothered by it, but both Normani and Ally could tell she wasn't over the fact that she couldn't physically see Dinah for a year.

"She's gonna miss the first holiday season she would've had with us." Camila sighed. "She's gonna miss New Years, too."

"Hey Mila," Ally butted in. "Why don't we all go out for pizza or something after school? Maybe that'll take your mind off of things." she suggested.

Camila couldn't help but smile a bit. "You had me at pizza." she joked.

"I'll call Shawn up too." Normani added. "The more the merrier, am I right?"

"Oh crap I forgot Troy's in town too! I'll also ask him to come!" Ally beamed.

At least they would have two other people to fill in Dinah and Lauren's absences for the time being.

Camila pulled her phone out of her pocket, and opened it.

She then opened her text messages, then pressed on Dinah's name.

The Cuban-Mexican was certain her girlfriend was probably on a plane at that time, but proceeded to text her anyway.

Banana Bitch🤪🍌: hey babe, you're probably busy but I already miss you.. so..

Banana Bitch🤪🍌: I love you lots, safe travels.

Camila closed her phone, sighing as she placed it in her lap.

This was going to be harder than she thought.

~

Everyone arrived at the restaurant later that day, and ordered as soon as they could.

It was a long school day, and they were all hungry.

"Someone tell Camilla to slow down a bit." Troy joked. "She already ate five slices!"

Camila paused for a second. "If you get my name right, maybe I will."

Ally laughed. "Yeah Troy, that's the one thing you do no matter what."

"Amen." Normani huffed. "Mila is an animal bro."

"Yikes." Shawn added.

Camila smiled at all of them. She was actually having fun. It made up a bit for Lauren and Dinah's absences.

Maybe she would survive, and things wouldn't be so bad after all.

~

Camila was actually correct, Dinah had in fact been on an airplane.

"Let's get going, Dinah." Leilani urged her niece. "Grab your luggage and we'll be on our way."

Dinah sighed, and did as she was told.

Man, at least Sinu kept me under control without being so anal about everything. she thought to herself.

As soon as they left the airport, Dinah felt her phone beginning to vibrate a lot.

Among the notifications, there were two messages from Camila that were sent hours ago.

The Polynesian read them, and smiled to herself.