{5}

"So we're dating now?" Camila asked Dinah as they were walking to school.

Dinah rolled her eyes at this. "Mila, hon, use some fucking common sense. We confessed to each other, didn't we? How could we not be dating after that?"

"Geez, well excuse me." the Cuban-Mexican replied. "Why do I even bother with you?"

"I ask myself the same thing." Dinah added.

Camila grinned at the Polynesian. "Thing is, you know you love me, so deep down you're super grateful that I can return your feelings."

"You're also just mad that I still hate you though, so." she mused.

Dinah raised an eyebrow at this. "Well fuck, where's the love at Mila?"

"It's just weird." Camila admitted.

Dinah looked at her, way beyond confused at that point. "What is?"

Camila smiled at her and then looked away for a second. "It seems like just yesterday we hated each other, and now we're dating. Don't you find that kinda funny and strange?"

"Sure, I guess." the Polynesian shrugged. "But uhh.. does it look like I really care? I'm gonna love who I wanna love, and nothing will change that...I think it's good that we're giving this relationship a chance." she hesitantly added.

Camila beamed at this. "I love it when you're honest."

Dinah glared in return. "Don't ruin the moment, Cabello." she spat.

~

After her first class that day, Camila was encountered by a girl who was a bit taller than her. She had darker hair, and there was one thing about her that really stood out to Camila.

Her eyes.

They were like two green gems, so mesmerizing and impossible not to notice.

"Hey." the girl said, which kind of caught Camila off guard since no one really talked to her besides Dinah, Ally, and Normani.

But she decided then to get another good look at this girl, besides just staring at her eyes. And when she turned to see her once more, she gasped. Super loudly.

Camila realized that she was face to face with one of her bullies. The girl who had shoved her books out of her hands the other day, to be exact.

The girl grinned at the Cuban-Mexican's reaction. "Yeah, I know what you're thinking. But I'm past all of that bullying stuff, if you're still worried about that. DJ has to have had a good reason to protect you like she did, and I'll respect that."

"She never protects anyone anymore, she'd rather not bother."

Uh oh, another person who has a connection with Dinah. I'd better ask about that later. Camila chuckled to herself. I just hope nothing bad went on between the two..

The girl then took a deep breath, and continued. "I'm sorry for all the pain I put you through. I was hoping we could start over, cause you seem pretty chill. I'm Lauren Jauregui, by the way." Lauren held her hand out, waiting anxiously to see if Camila would accept it.

Camila wasn't sure whether she should trust this girl, she had already embarrassed her so many times before.

But she decided that all people deserved more than one chance, and so, she accepted Lauren's request, and shook her hand reluctantly.

"I think we can give this a try.." Camila finally spoke up. "You seem pretty genuine, so I'm gonna take your word for it."

Lauren smiled at this, "Thank you, that means a lot."