{8}

Camila woke up feeling like absolute garbage.

But it didn't have anything to do with how she slept that night.

Dinah realized this, and at breakfast she tried to ask the Cuban-Mexican what was wrong, but to no avail.

"Don't worry yourself," Sinu told Dinah reassuringly. "She's still a teenager, this stuff happens."

But Dinah could tell that Sinu knew something she didn't.

"If I'm ever as grumpy as Kaki," Sofi butted in, "I think I'd be spanked for days."

"It's that bad?" Dinah cocked an eyebrow.

Sinu and Sofi looked at each other, eyes wide. They slowly turned their necks back to Dinah, and nodded hesitantly. "Oh yeah." They both said in unison.

When they walked to school, Camila had been walking so fast Dinah didn't even bother catching up.

"You know," Dinah spoke up. "It would be nice if you kept me in the loop here. Why the fuck are you so pissed today?"

She received nothing but the silence of the moment.

~

Camila didn't even show up at the girls' lunch table that day either.

"Was Camz rejected by a cute boy or something?" Lauren said almost teasingly, nudging Dinah.

Dinah wore a confused expression. "And who in their right mind said you could talk to me?"

Ally sighed, "Enough you two. Camila is probably just a bit hormonal. It happens to the best of us.."

"Maybe she's on her period." Mani suggested.

Dinah stood up from the table, and started to walk out of the lunch room. "I'm going to find her." she told the girls.

She knew where she could probably find Camila.

Dinah walked down the hallway towards the library. It was one of Camila's habits to stress read, so she assumed the Cuban-Mexican would probably be doing that of all things.

And by the looks of it, she was right.

Camila had been standing by some shelves, seemingly trying to pick out some books.

"Camila!" Dinah practically yelled across the library, receiving a harsh and demanding "shh!" from the librarian.

Dinah groaned, not even bothering to pay any mind to the boringness of the library itself.

She walked up to her girlfriend, and stood there for a moment, seeing if she'd be greeted or not.

"Stress reading I see. Nice." Dinah tried to bring on conversation.

....

There was an awkward silence.

"Mila, look." Dinah was starting to get impatient. "Can you please tell me what's wrong? I've been worried all day and it's starting to really get to me."

And with that, Camila finally looked towards the Polynesian. "It's coming back."

"What is?"

"The cancer." Camila replied coldly, shivering a bit.

(A/N: btw y'all, I'm not a cancer expert, so sorry if I don't understand how it works 😂)

Dinah didn't hesitate to bring the smaller girl into her big arms. "What are you talking about? How is that even possible?"