{12}

"No.." Camila's voice was cracking at that point. "My dad would never do that.."

Dinah fought back her tears. "He did though. He killed my parents, Mila. He was a murderer that never got caught for his actions."

"He should've died in prison, yet he died by cancer instead."

"YOU NEVER KNEW HIM!" Camila yelled at her. "NOT AT ALL! YOU NEVER KNEW HIM A DAY IN YOUR GOD DAMN LIFE!"

Dinah pulled the Cuban-Mexican close to her chest, despite the girl trying to fight back.

"HE WOULD NEVER EVEN CONSIDER SOMETHING LIKE THAT."

"Sinu told me he was looking to get some extra money for the family. He wasn't identified at the scene because he had a disguise." Dinah explained.

Camila narrowed her eyes at the Polynesian. "My mom knew about this? When was she going to tell me?"

"She knew you would be upset, so she left it to me because she knows I'll be able to connect with you better on it." Dinah replied.

"BUT AREN'T YOU FUCKING UPSET TOO?" Camila spat back.

"THAT'S JUST WHO YOU ARE, ISN'T IT? YOU LOVE HATING THINGS, HATING PEOPLE, HATING LIFE. WOW, I SHOULD JUST BE MORE LIKE YOU."

Dinah looked at her completely dumbfounded.

She then pulled herself away from Camila, and clenched her fists.

"I'm done hating the world." she said in almost a whisper. "It's so tiring, Camila. Constantly hating, and hating, and hating."

Dinah sobbed a bit, and continued. "I just wanna be held and told that it'll be okay, that I can just let go of all of my emotions and move on."

"You of all people should already understand that."

"I'm so done, Camila. So done. Hatred ages people. And it's definitely aged me.."

"I'm also done with you too. Talk to me when you're at least going to be a bit fucking sensible." Dinah finished, and then stormed out of the room.

Camila sighed. Was she being insensible? Maybe a bit overdramatic?

Or maybe she was being both, actually.

~

Later that day, Camila went out shopping with Lauren since everyone else was busy. And of course, she told the green eyed girl everything that had happened previously.

"I messed up didn't I, Lolo?" Camila asked as she started looking through a bunch of shirts. "Also what would look better on me, grey or black?"

Lauren laughed a bit. "You were just upset, I mean, I would be." she then clenched her jaw. "And I don't know, both colors would look okay. You should stop overthinking things."

Camila smiled at this.

"By the way, Lauren?" she began. "Can I ask you something- erm- personal?"

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully. "Don't even, Camz. You wanna know what happened between Dinah and I, right?"

"Something happened?" the smaller girl gasped.

"Well uh...yeah." Lauren looked around nervously. "Well, here's the thing.."

"Camila, I don't know if I should be the one to tell you this but.."

Camila waited patiently. She didn't want to urge Lauren on, since she was afraid she might not get any answers after all.