{17}

"Lauren, you can't learn to fight your demons by ignoring them." he told her.

Lauren sighed at this, and looked up into the starry sky. Each little white orb of light seemed familiar to her.

She shut her eyes tightly. "But I can't fight them alone."  she whispered softly.

. . .

Insomnia was a cancer in itself.

~

School the next day was as boring as usual.

Camila hated her physics class. The seniors in there were as immature as anything.

Unlike most of them, Camila was put in there because she was super smart when only being a junior. The only good thing about the class was that Ally and Lauren were in it.

Ally and Lauren, along with Normani, were seniors, Camila and Dinah were juniors, and Shawn was a sophomore. (Thought I'd finally reveal everyone's grade since it's been 17 chapters 😂👏🏻).

Dinah had the choice to go for physics too, but her lazy ass stuck with chemistry instead. Which wasn't so bad either, considering that it was actually a fun class.

When the bell finally rang, Camila followed Ally and Lauren out.

"You've been acting very strange lately, y'know?" Ally pointed out just as Camila walked up to them.

Camila cocked an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

"You seem like you're very distant in class." Lauren jumped in to answer. "Is something happening that your not telling us? Or are you just on your period?"

Camila scoffed. "Pfft, I'm fine guys. Really."

"Okay then." Ally shrugged. "But Mila, you know that we're here for you, right?"

Camila nodded at this, and looked down a bit sheepishly.

"Lauren, wheres Mani by the way? Aren't we supposed to meet her over here?"

Lauren frowned. "I don't know. She's been super off lately."

"Maybe she's on her period." Ally seemed convinced at that point.

Lauren sighed. "No, that's not it. Truth is, she and I have been arguing a lot lately. I feel like it's too early in our relationship to be like this. What if we won't work out? What if she doesn't want me anymore?"

Camila slightly smiled at this. "Nah, I don't think that's the case either."

"When you love someone Laur, you'll stick by them through thick and thin. If Mani truly loves you, and you truly love her, you have nothing to worry about."

Lauren looked at Camila questionably, then to Ally.

"Guys, I'm just so scared. Scared that I'll mess up with her like I have with my life." she explained. "I've made such poor choices, so how do I know I won't make even more with her?"

"You will," Ally butted in. "You'll never be able to not make poor choices."

"Yeah," Camila agreed. "You just have to know how to fix them."

Lauren seemed to take this advice in. "Okay." was all she replied with.

That was the first time Camila or Ally had heard of any drama between Laurmani. Clearly they were not being given all the details.

What was Lauren hiding, exactly?

Camila wondered about it herself.

But she was in no position to even have an opinion on the subject. She'd already lied about everything being fine, hadn't she?