{18}

"CAMZ! CAMZ!" Lauren ran down the school hallway to reach her friend.

Camila turned around to see what was up, only to see Lauren running at her like a maniac. "HOLY SHIT!" she tried her best to duck out of the way.

"You'll never believe what I'm trying to put together!" Lauren continued without any apologies.

Camila narrowed her eyes. "Do tell, now that you basically almost killed me."

Lauren took a deep breath. "Well.. Mani, Ally, and I realized how good we all are at singing, and I know you're good at it too, so I thought we could put together a girl group!" she explained excitedly. "Obviously we're not gonna be world famous or anything. Not yet at least. We'll be like a garage band for cool dads, minus the cool dads!"

Camila smiled at this. "Lolo, that's actually a great idea!"

"We want five members. Do you know if Dinah can sing or not?" Lauren added.

The Cuban-Mexican vigorously shook her head. "As a matter of fact, she's auditioning for a solo in chorus right as we speak. I was just headed over to the auditorium to watch, wanna come?"

"And ditch class? Thought someone like you would never ask." the green eyed girl smirked in amusement.

"Hey!" Camila pouted. "Someone like me?"

Lauren shrugged, rolling her eyes playfully. "You already get the idea, Camz." she then took Camila by the wrist and dragged her all the way down to the auditorium.

As they entered, some boy was walking off the stage, and Dinah was preparing to walk on next.

"Perfect timing." Camila noted.

Dinah then walked on the stage, almost immediately noticing that Camila and Lauren were standing at the back of the auditorium. She sent a quick wink towards their direction.

"Oh my god, Dinah is in love with me!" Lauren screeched, swaying back and forth pretending that she was going to pass out.

Camila sighed. "Whatever rocks your boat, Lo."

"I think you mean whatever floats your boat." Lauren corrected.

Camila had a blank expression. "Same thing!" she yelled back.

Dinah then began to sing at that moment.

The chorus had decided to sing If I Were A Boy by Beyoncé, and they needed somebody with good vocals to take on the song's main lines.

But, knowing Dinah, she basically nailed the entire section:

If I were a boy

I think I could understand

How it feels to love a girl

I swear I'd be a better man

I'd listen to her

'Cause I know how it hurts

When you lose the one you wanted

'Cause he's taken you for granted

And everything you had got destroyed

It was a short lived audition, but the chorus directors were going nuts at how much potential Dinah had.

Camila could hear the passion in her voice, and she betted Lauren could too just from the green eyed girl's expression.

"Yup, she's in." Lauren decided.

The Cuban-Mexican laughed at this. "Didn't need much persuasion there, am I right Lo?"

Lauren shrugged.

Both girls ran over to the stage to go meet up with Dinah and tell her the news.

Normani's P.O.V (Third Person):

Normani was standing in the bathroom contemplating basically everything.

Was that pathetic? Maybe a bit. But, she didn't feel like being in class much less doing anything else.

She looked at herself in the mirror.

She saw someone she didn't know.

"I'm fucking screwed." she mumbled to herself.

Regular P.O.V (Third Person):

"That was awesome Dinah!" Lauren exclaimed as she koala hugged the Polynesian.

Camila frowned. "Hey, only I'm allowed to do that!" she ran over and tried to pry Lauren off of her girlfriend.

Dinah sighed, and confusingly hugged the green eyed girl back.

Camila's mouth gaped open. She scoffed. "Dinah, how could you?" she pretended to get teary eyed.

"Okay Lo, get the fuck off me." Dinah pulled the girl off of her, and walked over to Camila, placing a kiss on the girl's forehead.

"Whipped!" Lauren teased the Polynesian.

Camila looked up at Dinah like she was the most important thing in her life, but her eyes were still slightly afraid.

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright Caminah, save it for the sheets."

Both girls blushed at hearing this, and got a bit too uncomfortable.

"Anyway, Dinah, me and Camila-"

"Camila and I." Camila corrected.

"SHUTUP! I'M THE ONLY GRAMMAR QUEEN AROUND HERE!" Lauren snapped back.

The Cuban-Mexican shrugged, completely amused.

"Camila and I," Lauren continued, "thought it would be a good idea to ask you to join our girl band we've been putting together. It's gonna be us, and Mani and Ally."

"Yeah!" Camila butted in enthusiastically. "You'd be super good at it, babe!"

Dinah thought over it. "Uhh, sure I guess?" she then laughed a bit. "But how the fuck do we even start?"

"Mrs. Lovato said we can go to the chorus room during lunch some days if we want, or we can stay after school. Whatever works." Lauren explained.

Dinah nodded. "Mrs. Lovato knows her shit. Well, I'm definitely in then." she shrugged.

Lauren cheered. "YES! THE FIVE CHICAS ARE ON A ROLE!"

"The Five Chicas?" Camila repeated. "That's what we're going to be named?"

Dinah facepalmed herself. "How about we ask Mani and Ally for their input on a name first before planet green eyes over here somehow convinces us to call ourselves something stupid."

"Fine." Lauren mumbled.

Camila smiled at both of them.

"C'mon you guys, we gotta get to lunch in a few." Dinah urged them. "I need to get me some shitty ass school food."

Lauren snorted. "Exciting." she remarked.

Little did they know, though, Mani would not show up to lunch that day.

~
A/N: sorry for making these past few chapters super short, I'm trying to finish this story before the end of this year, and each chapter will probably take a bit more than a week each to produce cuz I have so much school work.

Anyways, thanks for reading.