{10}

"Why did you even choose me over Shawn?" Dinah asked frustratingly. "That doesn't even make any sense to me.."

Camila sighed. "Well why do you insist on making me question this kind of stuff?"

Dinah frowned, looking away from her girlfriend. "He would've been a much better choice. At least then you'd have someone who could actually protect you." she mumbled.

"Cheens," the Cuban-Mexican smiled. "I really don't know why I picked you either, but it just felt right. That's all there is to it."

She then took the Polynesian's hands in her own.

"And then I grew to fall in love with the rest of you."

Dinah seemed content with this, but then frowned again. "Mila, do you realize what's coming if something were to happen to you? Y'know, through this next cancer treatment and shit?"

"That's what this is about?" Camila replied wearily.

"I don't think I could fucking live.." the taller girl added, ignoring her girlfriend's gesture.

"Dinah," Camila stared straight into her eyes. "If something were to happen, I'd want nothing more than for you to live on. Don't you dare even say something like that to me. Not ever."

This received a guilty expression from Dinah, who pulled away from Camila's grasp.

"I just... don't wanna hurt you. And I don't want to be hurt either, Karla. My heart can't take much more of a beating, and-"

"Shhh.." Camila interrupted her, placing a finger over Dinah's lips. "I'd never guess in a million years that someone like you would worry so much." she teased.

"It'll be fine, Dinah. Trust me."

~

In the long run, however, Camila could not keep that promise.

One day, Dinah woke up only to find her girlfriend in a lot of pain. She knew almost immediately that the cancer must've been the culprit.

"Call 911!" Dinah urged Sinu. "Tell them to bring an ambulance or something!"

"D-Dinah..?" Camila spoke up softly.

Dinah smiled down at her. "Where does it hurt, Walz?" she asked, trying to hide her worry in order to make sure that Camila wouldn't be concerned about her in a time like that.

"I.. I can't.."

"Stay with me, okay?" Dinah cupped one of the smaller girl's cheeks. "I swear to fucking God, Camila, you better stay with me or else."

But Camila couldn't keep her consciousness for long, and closed her eyes without another word.

Hopefully not for forever, though.

~

Dinah could only watch as the ambulances took Camila to the hospital. Sinu went with them in the car, but only because there was enough room for her.

"She can't leave now.." the Polynesian sobbed. "I never even got to-"

"She'll be fine, DJ." Sofi patted Dinah's back in comfort. "This has happened before, and Kaki has always cone back stronger than before."

Dinah sighed. "But what if she doesn't?"

Sofi sighed. "You have to have faith in her. I know she'll come back to us. She has to! Kaki is the strongest person I know!"