{14}

Dinah was as nervous as ever to visit her relatives. After what happened with Regina, she thought she might loose her mind if she ever saw the rest of her old family again.

But she still rang the doorbell, throwing her fears behind her.

She was surprised to see that her younger sister Kamila opened the door.

"DJ..?" Kamila's voice seemed shaky and disbelieving.m

Dinah smiled nervously. "Heyo sis. Been a while, hasn't it?"

Kamila didn't even bother answering. She ran up and practically jumped into Dinah, embracing the older girl.

Dinah hugged her back even harder.

She realized then how selfish she had been leaving Kamila and her younger brother Seth behind. She realized how much they must've missed her.

She did leave them after they needed her the most.

Dinah thought they would be fine having a sister like Regina, all because she was ashamed that she couldn't save her parents.

But how could Dinah have saved them at the age she was?

Despite that, she still blamed herself.

"Where's everyone else?" Dinah asked Kamila.

Kamila sighed. "Everybody moved out just recently. It's only me Regina and Seth now."

Dinah's eyes widened. "It's my fault, isn't it?" she bit her tongue.

Kamila shrugged. "You brought a sense of peace to a lot of us. But it wasn't just because you left. We were all not really getting along since mom and dad.. y'know."

"You were right all along, DJ. We were all too quick to forget about them." Kamila smiled at her older sister sadly.

Regina's voice could then be heard coming from the kitchen. "Kamila? Who's at the front do-?"

"Dinah?"

Dinah turned to face her other sister. "Regina.. I was uh- in town, and I thought that maybe I should come see-"

Regina shut her up with a hug. "I'm sorry for everything." she mumbled. "I've been wanting to apologize, but was too scared to contact you.

Dinah shook her head. "I'm even more sorry for everything in the past. Though I will admit, you did act like a dick when you came to visit."

Regina rolled her eyes.

And that's when Seth came running in.

Seth didn't really remember Dinah like Regina and Kamila did, mostly because he was still too young.

Dinah was aware of this.

"Hey Seth." she greeted him wearily. "You uh, remember me? It's your older sis, Dinah!"

Seth seemed to smile a bit at her.

Maybe coming back to visit wasn't such a bad idea after all.

~

Camila felt her phone vibrate in her hands.

She had just received a text.

Cheens🤙🏻: I'll be home a bit later. Maybe just after one more day. Something came up.

It was the first text she had gotten all week.