{13}

Sinu, Dinah, and Camila were all sitting at the kitchen table.

"I didn't want to tell you, Mija, since I knew Dinah would be able to explain it better. I thought you'd take it better if she did it rather than me, and I'm sorry for waiting so long." Sinu apologized.

Camila smiled weakly. "It's okay, Mami. I think you made the right choice, in a way."

"So are you two doing okay now?" Sinu questioned the couple.

Dinah nodded happily. "Yep, we talked it out and it helped a lot."

"Good." Sinu replied. "Well, I have to go take Sofi out since she's going to buy stuff with the fifty bucks she got from our bet. So you two have fun."

Camila got up and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. "Okay Mami, see you in a bit."

After Sinu had left, it was just Dinah and Camila from that point forward.

"How do you not hate me right now?" Camila sighed. "He was my dad. And he killed your parents."

Dinah shrugged. "Because you had no control over it. But, y'know, you could've controlled your temper when I first told you-"

"I said I was sorry." the Cuban-Mexican frowned. "I was way too shocked in that moment."

Dinah smirked. "I know. By the way, you're actually really hot when you get all worked up." she said, growling as she grabbed the smaller girl from behind at her waist.

Camila frowned even harder. "I hate you."

Dinah nipped the smaller girl's left ear to tease her. "We both know that ain't even slightly true."

Camila was sitting in Dinah's lap at that point.

"After everything that's happened, I still don't understand how you and I made it." Camila admitted.

Dinah looked her straight in the eyes. "Want me to show you?"

In that moment, the Cuban-Mexican's heart rate sped up a million times over.

Before she knew it, they were already in the middle of a heated make out session.

Dinah pressed her lips against Camila's, it was a bit hard but amazingly passionate.

Camila kissed her back, wrapping her arms around the Polynesian's neck.

Dinah was then teasing Camila with her tongue, sliding a bit more than the tip of it in and out of the Cuban-Mexican's mouth as if to challenge her.

But Camila didn't accept the challenge.

Dinah could feel her girlfriend falter.

She actually pulled away for a second, turning away from Dinah's face.

"What's wrong?" the Polynesian cocked an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I just..." Camila replied hesitantly. "Can I just sit in your lap?"

Dinah nodded vigorously. "Yeah, that's fine."

Camila turned her back to Dinah, and let herself basically fall into the taller girl. She realized just then how comfy her girlfriend was.

"So, were you just not feeling the kissing or-?" Dinah questioned her.

And that's when Camila grinned.

"Nah, I just don't think you deserve it." she began to explain. "Just recently, I saw your report card and I thought I'd tell you I'm not impressed."