Misunderstandings (Chapter 8)

Writer's note:
Hello guys, I am back with the 8th chapter. Sorry couldn't update yesterday due to some circumstances.
So this chapter is all about the misunderstandings we have with our loved one and later when they are cleared we regret it. So let's have a look what's the misunderstanding here.
Please do share, vote and comment on this story.
Written by: Thanashree
Edited by: Jui
Enjoy reading.❤️💖

Tanu's pov:
After taking Armaan's ring I went towards the bus. I settled with Okhi and Shanaya.
After a few minutes Aarav came, surprisingly his mood seemed to be a little off. Wasn't he supposed to be happy with his so called girlfriend or crush? He settled and still 4-5 students were left to report. He was so angry that he shouted at all of us,"Nobody comes on time. Let the bus leave without them. I don't care if they're left here." I looked at him with shock. Well what else to expect from a haughty jerk? But then soon he realised what he did and made the bus turn for the left out students. (happy realisation!!!) I knew he can't pretend for much time he is kind hearted. Oh god I'm turning bipolar. I am defending him and mocking him all at the same time.will my mind and heart ever work in sync?

We reached at Honasi fort. It was an awesome site to visit. But all I could think about was the giddly feeling in the pit of my stomach. When we were about to leave. I decided if I have to forget my feelings I need to behave normally, like most people do you know? All I have to do is not have my heart jumping like a mad kangaroo and not start hyperventilating when I come across his charming smile. That's it. Easiest thing ever. Who am I fooling?

So I went near him, not at all admiring his looks and not being an opportunist by seeking the opportunity of him being alone. Krishna ji!! Help me. I said ,"Hi Aarav, what's up?" And to my utter shock he just ignored me and left. Ok what did just happen? Why did he ignore me like this? Why do I feel that I'm rejected before even asking him out? The last one wasn't expected.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't expect him to be rude. Okhi came searching for me and I quickly wiped my tears. We went and sat in the bus. This time I decided to take the window seat so that I can't see his face. Yaa I was angry with him. Cause you know, it doesn't hurt much to be civil to the person crushing on you. We reached our hotel. Everybody got down and I was the last one left. Absentmindedly walking, I did not realise that I was in fact crossing the road.

A car came towards me, speeding as if the driver had to pee asap. Aarav saw me and screamed my name to bring me out of the trance. I looked at him and then saw the car coming towards me. I literally ran to save my life. Thank god I reached the other side in time. Aarav came running towards me and hugged me tightly. I was so scared. What if the car had hit me? We were there in that position for a few minutes. I realized our closeness and broke the hug. I just wanted to make sure that nobody saw us.

Suddenly I realised that I was angry on this guy and my expressions changed. I just gave him an angry glare and turned to leave. But nope, couldn't leave. He held my hand. WHAT THE HELL. AARAV IS HOLDING MY HAND AND NOT LETTING GOOO!! I JUST KILLED THE FEMINIST IN ME!!! I closed my eyes to cool myself down and asked him to leave my hand. He said "No." MY FEMINIST SPIRIT IS BURIED SIX FEET DEEP!!!

"Ok enough Aarav. I am done with you. What do you think of yourself? Am I your puppet or something that you will talk to me whenever you want to and ignore otherwise?" FEMINIST COMES BACK FROM DEAD. Caution Mr Aarav Khanna, you are going to burn in my fiery rage.

"Let me make it clear, I am not one of those barbies who swoon on you and act according to you whims and ---"
"What's wrong Tanu? Why are you behaving like this? Were you out of your mind? Dreaming in the middle of the road? What if something would have happened to you huh." Well, I wasn't even remotely expecting that. He should figure out one thing, who he really wants. Is it me, the double scoop sundae? or Tejaswini, the sorry of an ice candy.

"Oh really! The last time I checked, you were busy ignoring me. I was being polite but you left on my f*****g face! And then you expect me to be sane!! Ohhhh yes right! Why will you even remember this incident? 'Cause you were busy licking that ICE CANDY!" I resembled the tomatoes in ketchup commercials. But it was no time to be funny, I was literally boiling in anger.
"Tanu it's not like that. You are important to me damn it. You are very important to me. Why do you..."
I interrupted him and said "No I am not. Tejaswini is. Isn't she your newfound past-time?"
"WHAT? She is my sister!! Why would you even think like that?" I was stupefied. I'm not having mirages on the trip am I? Imagining Aarav fooling around with another girl will be a nightmare for me.

"Talking about holding importance, why don't we mention your dear Armaan? I saw him proposing you with a ring in the morning. What would you say for that?"
"Armaan is my friend, just a friend and that ring he gave me is his. He gave it to keep it safe. It wasn't a pleasant idea to have the ring get lost in the pool. What made you think I will accept his proposal?"
"The same thing that made you think that Tejaswini is my crush "

We both realized that we misunderstood everything badly.To be honest I was embarrassed. So I just looked down and bit my lower lip. I heard him say a sorry to me. "No it's ok, in fact I am sorry." Before the conversation gets more awkward I said,"Let's leave before somebody notices our absence." and I literally ran away 😂.

Our misunderstandings were cleared.

Misunderstandings can be harmful for any relation may it be for friendship or relationship. It's better that we clear it before it gets worse. I learnt it the hard way.

Writer's note:
Next chapter tomorrow pakka promise. Till then please comment how was this chapter.