Giving up?(Chapter 48)

Writer's note:
I apologize to all my readers that I couldn't update yesterday. Last week and current week is kind of going busy for me.
Here is the next chapter. Also there is one announcement, the next update will be directly on 1st December. As I am busy this week and next week as well.
Please share, vote and comment.

Written by: Thanashree

Enjoy reading 💞

Tanu's pov:

Dark! It was dark everywhere! I was forwarding my hand hoping someone will come and pull me out, but no one did. I heard someone calling my name out loudly. The voice was quite familiar. I slowly opened my eyes to see dad waking me up.

D(Tanu's dad) : Tanu! Wake up dear. How much will you sleep?

T(Tanu): Dad!(Hugging him) I was quite tired today. Finally I am free, my exams are done.

D: Good! Now are you planning to spend sometime with your dad or no?

T: Of course I am. I will just fresh up and come downstairs.

D: Ok come soon!

Dad went downstairs and I freshened up. We had some good time together talking and having fun. It seemed like he was eagerly waiting to tell me about his trip. He brought chocolates and clothes and what not. A thought about telling him about Aarav and me crossed my mind, but then I scrapped the thought, because anyways the things between me and Aarav are quite shaky. Soon it was time for dinner and we all assembled at the dinner table. That's when the doorbell rang. My mom was about to get up, but I stopped her and walked towards the door to open it.

T: You!(Shocked) what the hell are you doing here?

Person: I have come here to see if you are ok. And why on earth aren't you answering my calls.

T: Because I was busy. Dad is here after days. I wanted to spend time with him.

M(Mom): Tanu who is it?

T: (turning back) Mom some courier man searching for an address.

Person: Do I look like a courier man?

T: No, I should have said pizza delivery guy(whispering).

M: Tanu are you done?

T: Yes mom almost! (Turning back towards the person) Aarav you have to leave now.

A(Aarav): No I won't! I am here to meet aunty as well.

T: You can meet her later.

I heard footsteps from behind. Done! It's done! Now mom will call him inside.

M: Aarav! You here? And why is he standing outside Tanu? Come in Aarav.

T: Mom he has to go out on a meeting.

M: Meeting at this time?

A: No aunty I don't have any meeting. I just came to meet you.

T: Really?

M: Tanu stop troubling him. Come inside Aarav.

Aarav entered inside.

T: Mom seriously! Dad is here(shockingly)

M: So what! He isn't gonna eat him raw. He is your friend. (And she left saying this)

We all went towards the dinner table. Aarav was already standing there waiting for us to come.