Chapter 5

Isa's POV

I walked through the forest to Martyn and Toby's camp but was stopped by a voice I knew too well. I took a left that brought me to Duncan's castle. There was a blue glow in his front yard. I walked closer and saw a most interesting lawn ornament. Rythian was trapped in a forcefield and Duncan was standing on top of it. "Well there is a nuke, under your base. Im sorry but I needed protection. But it won't go off. You're perfectly safe. As long as I don't press this button. In fact, let me just put it back in here where its safe." Duncan was saying. Rythian sighed. "I overestimated you. I thought you were a decent person. I was wrong." the mage said. I caught a glimpse of red among the trees closer to Duncan's tower of doom. I got closer to it and realised it was Zoey. "Oh my gosh. We're going home. I am going back and telling Jeff that we are leaving. Screw their super computer. We're going back to Blackrock!" Zoey said to Tee, who I now just realised was there. "That's a good idea. He really needs you two." I said knowing that they couldn't hear me. I like to pretend they can though. Zoey looked frantically around her. "Tee, did you hear that?" she asked her dinosaur companion. Tee shook his head. Zoey frowned. "Weird." she muttered as she flew off with her flying ring. Tee followed with a jetpack. I let them be and went up to the force field where the mage was trapped. I sat and watched as he used his knowledge of science, which he had however much he hated it, to break free. I watched him fly off. "A nuke under Blackrock? Why do I even care?" he said as he left. "Well. They're not your best parting words." I commented. I shrugged and went back to my cave. Screw going to Martyn and talking to his trees.