Chapter 10

Isabella's POV

"Uggghhh... Wha?" I said groggily. I opened my eyes and saw nothing but darkness. "Where am I?" I wondered sitting up. My eyes widened. "Duncan!!!" I shouted angrily. The blonde scientist came to the door grinning like a maniac. "Oh, you're awake." he said. "No. I'm passed out on the floor." I growled sarcastically. His smile disappeared. "You forget who's stuck in a cell, Isabella." he threatened. I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall of the small cell. "You forget, dear Lalna, that a very angry mage will most likely be coming after you in a little while. Well, after, of course, I don't return." I said confidently. "Oh, you're friends with Rythian, are you?" he said with interest. Oops. I made a mistake in telling him that. Oh well. "Yes. Yes I am. Along with a few other powerful friends." Duncan's eyebrows raised. "Well. I doubt your powerful friends will be able to help you down here. This is my realm." he said opening the door and grabbing my arm. He dragged me to a lab and strapped me to a chair. "Let's start with......gold." he said pulling a gold knife from a rack. He touched the blade to my skin lightly. I gasped in pain. It burned so hot it was cold. Black dots danced in my eyes. "Please...Stop..." I panted. He pressed more of the gold blade to my arm. I screamed in agony as the gold made contact with my skin. The sadistic scientist laughed at my pain. He lifted the gold from my skin. I sighed in relief. He stuck a needle in my arm and I started to feel drowsy. My vision left me with the image of Duncan jabbing multicolored syringes into my arms.