Chapter 7

30 minutes later

I woke up on my back. Weird. Ridgedog was sitting beside me nervously. "Ridge. Where's Zoey?" I croaked through the dryness in my mouth. "Isa! You're okay!" the demigod said relieved. I sat up and stretched. "Not even a single burn mark. Nice!" I commented. "Now. Where is Zoey?" I asked again. The look on his face scared me. He didn't know. I jumped to my feet. One would say I've grown attached to these people in the three years I've spent observing them. I ran out of the cave but stopped in horror. The destruction. Pure obliteration of the place that once stood strong. Zoey. "Zoey!" I yelled frantically, skirting the giant crater. I ran to the ocean where she fell from the sky. "Zoey!" I yelled again. I saw her fiery hair land in the water. I leapt in, not remembering that she couldn't see me, hear me, or touch me, and swam towards her limp form. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the surface. She sputtered for air. "C'mon, stay with me, for Rythian." I whispered to her as I dragged her through the water to land. I laid her on the sand and set her head on my lap. "Ridge! She's alive!" I yelled to the demigod. He flew over to us. "Isa. You're touching her." he said in awe. His words sunk in. My eyes widened. "Ridge. I can touch her. I can touch her!" I exclaimed. A black figure raced through the air towards us. "Mage at two o'clock. We have to go, Isa." Ridge said taking my hand. "No. I'm staying." I said pulling my hand away. "Come on Isa!" Ridge said. "No! I'm not leaving!" I protested. He sighed. "I hope you're ready to face an angry Rythian then." he said disappearing. I gulped, starting to regret my decision. No. I've been unable to do anything for thirteen years. I'm not leaving now when I have the chance to help someone. "Zoey!" shouted a voice I knew was Rythian's. I took a deep breath. "Over here! She's alive!" I yelled up to him. He flew down immediately. "Who are you?" he asked, anger in his eyes. "That doesn't matter at the moment. You need to help her!" I urged. "Who are you!" he demanded pulling his katar out. "If you truly care for her, pay me no mind and help her before you can't!" I shouted. He sighed then kneeled down and lifted the unconscious girl into his arms. "Zoey. Come on, my mushroom princess. Stay with me, here." he murmured pressing a life stone into her palm. "Oh my god. Rythian.... Her arm." I gasped looking at her right arm. Or rather, where her right arm should be. "Oh God, Zoey... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you do this." The mage said staring at her right shoulder, tears running down his cheeks as the rest of her healed. "Ridgedog!" I yelled into the sky. Said demigod appeared next to me sitting on air. "Oh you- Oh my God, her arm!" He exclaimed. "Yeah. I know. Fix it." I ordered. Rythian looked up. "Ridge. Who is this girl? And how does she know us?" he asked. Ridge sighed. "That's a story she needs to tell. As for who she is, her name is Isabella." I crossed my arms. "Ridge. Fix her arm." I said. Ridge shrugged. "I can't. But I can give you this. I trust you know how to use it?" he said tossing a mechanical arm to Rythian. The mage looked down at it. "Yeah..." he said. "Good. Isa, we're talking about this later." Ridge said teleporting away. "Demigods." I sighed. Rythian looked at me. "Follow me. Something tells me that you have one Hell of a story to tell." he said leaping into the air. I followed him for thousands of miles. He finally stopped at a village in the desert. "I have to take her to the hospital. Come on." he said to me. I nodded numbly then followed. "This was Tee's old home before he left. Welcome to Sick Bay." he said as we walked down a sandstone road to the hospital. He entered the hospital and the nurses took Zoey into a room and told us to wait in the waiting room. "Good time for a story." the mage said looking at me as he sat in a chair. "Yeah Isa. Tell us your story." said Ridge appearing on a chair beside Rythian. "I've known you for seven years and I still don't know what happened when you were three." he said. I took a deep breath for the second time. "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."