Chapter 24

Isa's POV

I stared at Linya in confusion. "You're ridiculous." I finally said. She giggled. "And you're weak!" she laughed. "You're psychotic." I said tuning out her response. My head was throbbing and my right eye hurt like the nether. Just kill her. a small voice in my head whispered. But torture her first! the voice added. You know you can. it continued with a cackle. I held my hands to my ears. Oh, that won't help. the voice admonished. "Who are you?" I whispered. I am you. it said. "Then shut up." I growled. Why would I want to do that? purred the voice. "Because I said so." I said. hmmm, touchy. the voice remarked. "Shut up." I ordered. The voice chuckled. You won't be saying that later. I shivered and drifted to sleep to ease the headache, and also maybe to tune out crazy phsycho girl.

I woke up a while later to the annoying sing songy voice of Linya cooing in my ear. "Wakey, wakey eggs and bakey." I groaned. "Beat it!" I barked. Linya scrambled back. "Wait, did you just-" she paused as I glared at her. "Dude, what's wrong with your eye?" she asked, her crazed smile morphing into concern. "What do you mean?" I yawned. "Its turning red!" she said in alarm. I shot awake. "What!?" I shouted. "Yeah the silver bit is turning red." she said. I struggled to speak. Told you. the voice chirped in my head. I screamed in rage. "What did you do to me!?" I roared. Linya shrank back. I was aware of a weight against my waist as I stood. How had I not noticed it before? I pulled a gleaming black sword from the scabbard that hung at my hip. I brought the sword down on the gold chain that held me close to the wall. Oh dear the voice said. "What did you do?" I hissed, glaring at the hidden window where I knew Israphel was. "Um...Person whose name I don't know? Are you okay?" asked Linya tenetatively. I took a shaky breath, my anger retreating. "I hate you." I whispered. I turned to Linya and sat on the floor. I threw the sword to the ground beside me. Hellooooooo! Im still heeeeere! chimed the voice in my brain. "Shut up." I muttered. "I didn't say anything." Linya said in confusion. "Not you." I snapped. I immediately felt guilty. I'm not usually like this. "What the hell is happening to me?" I groaned flopping back dramatically. Oh, sorry. That's me. Too much? Im not used to slowly merging into someone's brain. the voice apologised. I gritted my teeth. "Do you have them too?" my cellmate asked suddenly. I looked up. "Sorry?" she frowned. "The voices. You do have at least one." she pointed out. I shrugged, which was enough for her. "I thought so. You keep telling it to shut up." I shrugged again. "It doesnt help you know. Its actually better just to do what they tell you too." she advised. I frowned. "You don't want me to do what its telling me to. Trust me." I said shuddering. Cut her hand off. the voice urged. "Its not like its telling you to strip naked and put your clothes on inside out." she rambled. I stared at her. "Hey, its not like I actually did it!" she said defensively. Scratch that, cut out her tongue. it said with disgust. "It wants me to cut out your tongue." I said blandly. Linya yelped. "I quite like my tongue, thank you." I shrugged. "You wouldnt do it, would you?" she asked skeptically. "I haven't done it yet." I reasoned. A sudden thought struck me. "I'm Isa, by the way. Call me Isabella and I will cut out your tongue." I warned. She gulped. "Got it. Isa, not the other way." she said. I nodded. "Bravo. Whats your story?" I asked. Linya smirked. "Later, friend. Much later. In the meantime, what's yours?" she asked. "Touché." I replied. She sighed. "Your eye is a lot more red now." she commented. I rolled onto my stomach, grimacing slightly at the pain. "You're kidding." I hoped. She shook her head and pulled out her cutlass. I took the hilt and stared into the clean iron blade. My usually silver iris on my right eye was slowly turning red from the pupil out. I cursed under my breath and handed Linya her cutlass back. She sheathed the blade. "Also, can you stop doing whatever it is you're doing that is killing the lights in here?" she asked. I looked up. "Dunno how." I said apologetically. "Meh. It was worth a shot." she said. "Im getting some sleep, I advise you do the same. And pick up your flippin sword." she grumbled. I sheathed the black sword and yawned. I fell asleep hours later. "I can't act forver, Lewis." I whispered.