D - trying to be romantic

I'm currently standing in the birth control aisle of Walmart because I don't know what to get my boyfriend for his birthday. Do I get him lube and condoms? Or like a stuffed animal? This is confusing. How is one romantic?

I ended up getting condoms, lube, and the stuffed animal. I'm really glad I have a job and I'm able to make my own money. If my dad saw his 'fag son' buying this stuff he'd kill me. Or he'd think I'm with a girl. I'm not attracted to women.

When my family goes to dinner parties and stuff my dad always introduces me as his 'gay son' or his 'fag son'. I hate that. I hate him. My mom doesn't even defend me. She just apologizes and shrugs.

If I ever want to bring Brendon home one day I'll probably be kicked out. I'm gay and my boyfriend is trans. My dad would instantly hate him without even talking to him. Brendon doesn't deserve that.

-------

Today is my boyfriend's 18th birthday. He's older than me. I'm going to give him his presents tonight during dinner. We're going on a date.

I smile at him when he answers the door. He looks very nice. He's in a light blue button up and black jeans. He looks better than I do.

You brought him flowers.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I hand Brendon the flowers and he smiles. "Oh Dallon...thank you." Brendon says. He hugs me. I hug him back. This is nice. I like having a boyfriend.

Brendon and I walk to the car holding hands. He has very soft and pretty hands. I enjoy holding his hands.

"Dallon?" Brendon says while I'm driving to the restaurant. "Yeah?" I reply, keeping my view on the road. "Did you get me anything for my birthday?" I frown. Did he think I hadn't gotten him anything? "Of course I did B..." I say softly. Brendon smiles widely and hugs me. "Thank you! Yay!" I nod and breathe in sharply. Sometimes he's too enthusiastic.

I sit across from Brendon at the restaurant, playing with a string on my jeans. "Can I open my presents Dally...?" he whispers. "Yeah. Of course." I smile and hand him the bag. We've been dating for like a month and a half. I think my present is ok.

I watch him open it. He turns bright red. "D-Dallon.."
"Is that ok?" I ask him. He nods slowly and giggles. "Maybe we could use them tonight?" I smirk and nod.
-------
I lay in bed with Brendon in my arm. He's still sweating and panting. He yawns softly and smiles. "Thank you Dallon." Brendon whispers. "Welcome Bren." I smile sleepily.
-------
a/n y'all been dating for a month calm down